Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Chivafighter View Post
    All have there good points, just depends on preference. the new cfw by kmeaw looks promising.
    This is what Wutangrza had to say...

"Cool, well let's all forget about me then. All tutorials moving forward should recommend using kmeaw's. Wanin's is dangerous as shit and you're a fool if you stay with it. Kmeaw's uses my modified lv1 and lv2 which have proven to be stable but also adds the ability to install unsigned packages.

For the purpose of not having to start every thread with "are you using X, Y, or Z's CFW?" I'm happy to go crawl in a hole and disappear now. Great job Kmeaw.

edit: Thanks for the kind words all. I'm happy to have contributed in the small way I did. There's really no reason you have to stop using my CFW if you're already on it, but for the sake of streamlining, I think it'd be best if we just pick a duck and go with it. Kmeaw's is bit for bit identical to my CFW in lv1 and lv2, he just took out the steps of having to install Geo's over top and also added the ability to install unsigned packages. His is objectively better than mine (and it should be, since he took bits of it and made it better!)

Anyway. Thanks again everyone, but let's all move forward from here behind Kmeaw. And let's not forget who really deserves the thanks here. Thanks flukes1 for releasing your tools, none of this would work without them. Thanks to Geo for releasing the keys, and good luck in your fight. Thanks to F0 for all your work, and good luck as well.

So thanks again everyone for the kind words and appreciation, it was fun to contribute. Congratulations Kmeaw for making a great CFW and for your successful PL package! Take care everyone!"

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by brewman View Post
    jb it's tough to say, were you previously on 3.55 then downgraded to 3.41 via the 3.55 downgrade method?
    no man, never been on 3.55 before.. when i bought my ps3 its on 3.21 then i upgraded it to 3.41..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok, so you can run unsigned packages with this CFW? can anyone try and install a multiMan theme; a regular one, not the one I posted earlier?

By the way, I jumped from Wanin's CFW to this one(basically this one). My steps... Flashed back to OFW 3.55 then flashed the kmeaw CFW.

So far all good things, bluray playback is back to normal and all the games I've tested before still work with this one.
    Last edited by DMagic1; 01-19-2011 at 02:31 AM

i have a ps3 fat cecha 01 so yes it is old and yes i semi-bricked it because i did not properly follow directions and thought i would be ok, read a lot and have patience.

if you have previously been on 3.55 and downgraded to 3.41 did you just stay on that 3.41? it is not the true pup you need to downgrade to 3/15 then update to 3.41 then patch then geohots on and good night.

Damn, kinda feel bad but then again he is cool about it and credits Kmeaw. This sorta feels like the psp scene all over again, different people taking different developer sides haha. Props for both Wutangrza AND Kmeaw.

I was at 3.41 upgraded to 3.55ofw, installed the cfw from wutangrza with patch, then did geo's patch, then did lv2 patch, then tried to install multiman and it wouldnt let me install gave error message.

so then.. I did recovery mode and went back to ofw 3.55, used this new cfw with patch from kmeaw, installed the lv2 and ran it, got the white screen saying hello from russia and this worked now run bm.

I was able to install the bm but when I tried to run it it gave me another error (80029519) please tell me what to do at this point.

If I went to Kmeaws patched CFW, would I still need to run LV.2 pkg evrytime it reboots or is that just for the patch on top of wutangrza/Geo's?

Can backups be played from external hd with L2 package?

I just saw a video of a guy running games from usb, so I guess yeah...

Sponsored Links
Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News