Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Controller Automation with Teensy 2.0++ Macro Arrives

Sponsored Links
    Today i3urn has shared news of a DIY PS3 Controller project featuring PlayStation 3 controller automation utilizing a Teensy 2.0++ Macro hexcode.

Download: [Register or Login to view links]

To quote: I have recently been able to use my Teensy 2.0++ as a macro controller for my PS3. I have used it to automatically start a B-Spec race, wait for the race to finish (~9 mins), then press the correct keys to get the race started again. [And repeat].

This project is made possible by Mathieu Laurendeau's source code for his diyps3controller project on [Register or Login to view links].

You may download and setup your development environment by following his instructions [Register or Login to view links].

After getting everything setup you may take a look at my PS3Controller.c file to get a feel for how to send buttons to the PS3. If you would like to learn more about sending different buttons/moving axis take a look in his usb_joystick.c file.

The zip file below will also contain TWO hex files for Teensy 2.0++ other devices will need to compile their own, one will press the X button every 11 seconds (useful in GT5 where you need your driver to maintain pace for the entirety of a race) and the other will initiate, wait, and restart the Lamborghini Exclusive race (the first lambo race) in GT5. The second hex assumes a race time of ~9mins.

AFTER YOU'VE INSTALLED THE HEX TO YOUR DEVICE:

First make sure you have turned off your other PS3 controllers or set them to controller other than 1.

Next just plug in your device and it will be recognized as Controller 1 and begin automation

I'm publishing my findings so that others can build macros and publish/share them with the community and am not looking for credit (frankly I didn't do to much to put it together anyway).

PS3 Controller Automation with Teensy 2.0++ Macro Arrives

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is nice to see - I'll look into to this a bit more ...

And as a reminder - GT5 could be controlled also by using the USB keyboard - and here is a solution (also for Teensy boards and similar) emulating the keyboard presses instead: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ds-118124.html - I've actually used that one and made much more complex script than the original ones posted by OGroteKoning there including one "universal" one for both A and B spec and with an option to select some specific race setting using the HWB button at the start as well...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This has been done in much simpler code for both the Teensy 2.0 ++ and the Arduino Uno here http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-118124-2.html

There is no need for the 11 minute or a 9 minute delay for this simple operation. What I DO LIKE about the code, is that now I (or perhaps someone else with proper knowledge of programming) can programme the boards to do the Dreamcar Championship. The reason this is not possible with any of the codes produced, is that in a championship, you do a couple of races and after the last one, the code will just "recycle" the playback option. This is when you need to get out of the standard "X" "DOWN" sequence to exit the races, collect the championship bonus and restart the championship. Now with the insight into what this code does, there is the possibility to let the code stop the racing while in Nurburgring race, and restart the championship.

For example: What the code should do is as simple as the ones in the link above - but only for about 65 mins. If you reach the 65 mins mark, then you should be busy with the last race (Nurburgring). You can stop the simple code and then let the code execute the necessary keystrokes/button strokes to exit the championship and collect the cash and XP and then restart the championship.

Just a note, this will not work with A-Spec. The only race where you can do this for A-Spec is on the Indy track. And for that you definately don't need the complicated code.

But still, thank you for the codes! When I get time, I will try to code something for a championship and post (if someone else don't do it befor I do )

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    And as a reminder - GT5 could be controlled also by using the USB keyboard - and here is a solution (also for Teensy boards and similar) emulating the keyboard presses instead: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ds-118124.html - I've actually used that one and made much more complex script than the original ones posted by OGroteKoning there including one "universal" one for both A and B spec and with an option to select some specific race setting using the HWB button at the start as well...
    KEWL!!! Would you mind sharing the code please?!
    Last edited by OGroteKoning; 04-13-2011 at 03:58 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

great! my teensy is not a waste after all.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News