PS3 Cheat Enabler v1.1 Homebrew App Released by TeamSOS
This weekend TeamSOS have released a PlayStation 3 homebrew application dubbed PS3 Cheat Enabler version 1.1 followed by some revisions below.
Download: PS3 Cheat Enabler v1.1 / [Register or Login to view links]
To quote: The PS3 Cheat Enabler is a simple GUI app that lets you turn on cheats in your games.
It works by editing the Eboot.bin files of your game, but not to worry fellow brethren, this GUI will get your cheats on and off in a click of a button.
Before you jump in, there are some tidbits of info you guys need to know, as in:
1. The cheat database comes in separately so make sure they are in the same folder to make the app work properly. We did it this way because it becomes easier to just update the database (just a few KB) rather than updating the entire software.
2. This app has an Auto Mode and Manual Mode. Auto mode is the easy way, just select the eboot, direct yourself to the correct game from the drop down box, check the cheats you want and wallah all done. Manual mode you need to select the eboot and put the hex pattern of the original code and then enter the hex pattern of the modified code and then update the eboot so the cheat is enabled. Auto Mode is normally preferred.
3. After the app edits the eboot, remember to replace it with the original eboot of the game or the cheats obviously wont work. Transfer it via USB,FTP it... doesn't matter, just get that edited eboot in the USRDIR of the game. Remember to keep a backup of the original eboot if you want to remove the cheats at anytime.
4. Newly created eboot is named MOD_EBOOT.BIN to avoid overwrite. Rename it and replace your original eboot, make sure to make a backup in case you want to revert the cheats
5. Known issues: select an output folder other than root or desktop, or leave it blank to create a defualtout folder in the same directory as the app, otherwise you might encounter an error due to privileges
6. We are working on pkg installing features for cheats to use with legit discs and non-backup manager loading games.
7. These cheats do not work in updated games as they are npdrm encrypted, we are working on a bypass (well actually blazie is doing most of the work... great guy.)
8. Most of the cheats we found are from codemasterprojects.com, really helpful site.
9. Also bear in mind that this app has been created for the enjoyment of yourself or just having a good time with your friends or whatever, it is NOT INTENDED FOR ONLINE CHEATING/PIRACY, you have been warned...what happens online with the cheats is your fault, we are not responsible.
10. This is a GUI port of the codemastersproject auto tools, which can be found [Register or Login to view links].
Finally, Here is a list of supported games... this list will grow with time:
- A.C.E. Another Centurys Episode R
- Ar Tonelico 3 Qoga
- Atelier Rorona: Alchemist of Arland
- Atelier Totori: Alchemist of Arland 2
- Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
- Castlevania Lord of Shadows
- Dead Rising 2
- Dead Space
- Dead Space 2
- Devil May Cry 4
- Disgaea 3
- Disgaea 4
- Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3
- Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce
- Eternal Sonata
- Final Fantasy XIII
- Fist of the North Star Kens Rage
- Genji: Days of the Blade
- God of War III
- Hyperdimension Neptunia
- Killzone 2
- Marvel Vs Capcom 3
- Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
- Resident Evil 5
- Resistance 2
- Resistance: Fall of Man
- Resonance of Fate
- Rune Factory Oceans
- Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
- Soul Calibur 4
- Star Ocean: The Last Hope International
- Tales of Graces F
- Tekken 6
- Top Spin 4
- Trinity Universe
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Vampire Rain: Altered Species
- Way Of the Samurai 3
- White Knight Chronicles
- Yakuza 3
- Yakuza 4: NTSC PAL
- Yakuza4: JPN
- Bug fixes
- Saves last used output directory.
- Allows you to open bin files with the application. That way you can bind .bin files with it and open them by double clicking the file, or dragging the file onto this application and opening them that way.
This application requires a set of decryption keys to unself the EBOOT.BIN file. All you have to do is download the [Register or Login to view links] and place them in your user folder. On Windows 7 that's in: C:\User\[yourusername]\ps3keys
Without the files you will receive an "elf not created" error msg.
This is great for people that want to play offline or may be stuck in a difficult game.
Advice: Before everyone starts flaming the fact that it will destroy the economy, put Sony out of business and cause online gaming to be ruled by drug lords, just take a deep breath and relax before replying.