Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    Gotcha, I don't use PSN so I was gonna get rid of it. However, now I think I may re-purpose it into a PS3 Media Server/Center channel. Do you know how to change the icons themselves, similar to the ICON0 you would see for a game/homebrew app?
    Yes all the icons are in the rco files, see the other thread I started about it, be best to talk there about this. the tool rcomage is attached there , it extracts the rco to images (if any), sounds(if any), main xml, and lang files (if any) , check the corresponding rco for your category, ie explore_category_psn.rco.

BTW: the main category icons cant be changed so easily, problem is that they are not taken from the xmb_normal.rco as you would expect, they are built into an sprx as far as i know. i suspect that the rco is just left over from old code.. from what i've seen sony were in the process of moving more and more resource files into the sprx files for extra security. Also the system category icons etc are not read from the sysconf rco like the other categories, probably to secure the otherOS block and things like that as the system settings category is so important.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wow I have so many things going on with my PS3's, I'm still trying to find time to play with ProDG for PlayStation, have you had chance yourself Devil to try it out, with another angle to otheros?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm pretty sure that you can remove catergoreys when I was editing my cfw and was changing tv to apps, I didnt have tv in all of the explorer .rco files so if you remove the lines in the sysconfig.rco and edit the english.xml there is lines that show all the xmb catergoreys, take out the catergorey you dont want, probably have to edit all english.xml in all the .rco from the dev_flash/vsh/explorer/

there are a few once you take out the catergory in english.xml with rco mage editor you should be able to put those edited rco files back on ps3 to remove a catergory.

Banned User
    Not sure what you mean as the english.xml is only for the text labels, it doesn't have any code so deleting that will just make the title dissapear, also deleting the icon wil just make an empty space appear in xmb . when you say sysconfig.rco which rco do you mean?

Tv text label only has to be changed in one rco, we did same for network category to change it to Haxxx

Haven't had a chance to look at proDG, Ive been busy with trying to compile a 3.56 spoofing payload for ACID so it can get on sp-int network,and also been trying to make a pkg payload that works on vsh.self from debug I have all the offsets and the souce modded not easy getting hermes code to compile. Wrecking my head.

Anyone any good at compiling pkgs ? Here is the modded source that I think will work as a pkg payload on a retail/debug 3.41 hybrid ive been working on.

This hybrid has some nice features, its seperate to acid CFW and doesnt have the haxxx category, it just has debug settings , 20 pkg files built into dev_flash and the install path added so all latest payload pkgs/emulators/BM/utilities are ready for install after installing pup, its also got 100 custom user avatars built into dev_flash. plus its using nasplugin from hermes 3.41 CFW, and lv1 2 patches from same.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you cannot see any icon under your TV category, then the problem is likely to be (as 1nevermind said): 1) broken tags, or 2) your country is different from what is supported in XML - check 1nevermind post about the country tags.

It worked for me, most country tags were "ES", so in Korea I couldn't watch those TVs. After changing the tags to KR, it worked fine. However, I broke few times the tags, so I had to try because it didn't show up.

You can actualy mix XML from chanel creator with the default one, that gives you all available TVs. Unfortunately some of them are really checking your IP, so for example National Geographic will show up in Spanish, but will never play with error that it's supported only in Spain.

I can't bring this damn category on XMB.lol I saw the bbciplayer file and it's supported by my country (greece) But i still don't have the TV icon on XMB. Have i download anything from PSN let's say to bring it on XMB ?

I found a xil.xml in the location /dev_hdd0/tmp/explore/xil/tv/c/

[Register or Login to view code]

So i decide to copy it into the 63431223453538546 folder but still i can't see the TV icon.
    Last edited by nickxab; 02-11-2011 at 09:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

PS3 Channels Creator 2.0

I bring you the second version of PS3 Channels Creator 2.0 homebrew application today.

PCC is a windows program used to create lists of channels for our PS3. These channels are like shortcuts to Web sites, you do not need to be web video.

Download: PS3 Channels Creator 2.0

NEWS:
    • Now you can choose the icons you want (even add icons added)
    • Works in all regions
    • You can choose the name of the folder containing the xil.xml (Not all consoles have the same name)
    • Different languages (English, Spanish and Catalonian)
    • You can choose the order of channels
    • All times are displayed in the channel list

As the big news about the first version is that you can change the icons of presentation. The icons have to take some measures and be 320x176 PNG. You can also use icons from other icons packs. Icons do not need to be hosted on external servers are stored on your PS3.

The first menu you can choose the name of the folder that contains the XIL.XML. To find out you only have to look (for ftp or file manager) the name of the folder that is located in "/ dev_hdd0/tmp/explore/xil/tv/ctmp /". With this program you ride perfect for all folders that you just have to upload the folder xil.

Sorry for my bad english!!

PS3 Channels Creator v2.0 Homebrew App with Selectable Icons

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

cap1b.jpg   cap2o.jpg   captu.jpg  

Thanks for the update XESC, I have promoted your post to the main page now and +Rep!

still can't get the thing working on a us console d: the tv categorey on the xmb just won't show >.<

lost my tv folders!!

ok guys can somebody help me out. i was messing about with the custom tv channels thing and i accidently wrote over the folder
    / dev_hdd0/tmp/explore/xil/tv/c AND / dev_hdd0/tmp/explore/xil/tv/ctmp

I have a UK ps3 (with 256 nand modified to 500gig internal drive) and am on CFW kmeaw 3.55, the folder in the ctmp file is called 63431147765858084. can somebody help me out by uploading these to files (c and ctmp) for me please - i need my tv channels back.

many thanks

k

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News