Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    That would be nice news indeed if so, but I wonder which side waninkoko is on also... I think I read awhile back in the Wii scene he was anti-backups for awhile and then released something that allowed them. Maybe he switched sides?
    He releses cios's with is used for back uploader's so i'm pretty sure he is all for it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by harveychan View Post
    He releses cios's with is used for back uploader's so i'm pretty sure he is all for it.
    actually he was against it , at some point his CIOS would not allow pirating , then it got hacked , so he stopped bothering.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The last Cios of his asked if you wanted to install for homebrew or piracy reasons. If you chose piracy it would boot you out of the program with a stern warning.

Afaik it's with BM support, still haven't any real faqs, just some italian article so i don't want to speculate to much time will tell aight

i would love to see this come thru altho i have no problem with the current jailbreak right now.

this would only be icing on the cake, cuz we can now edit eboot to make them work with 3.41 so all games will be able to work now.

but as i said, this would be icing on the cake, and i like icing on my cake

Yeah I dont get it...

well wip is better than nothing right? Hopefully in the next three months the really talented devs come out with the real cfw we want. Kernel access (syscalls built in) cinivia gone (if possible) and on the latest official update or at least 3.50 so we don't have to hack as many games.

I am trying to understand why someone couldnt just make a package file and sign it. Make the package add the LV2 sys cals that we need from jailbreak dongles. That way ANY FW can become CFW. The only thing I can see us needing is a MFW that has the apps folder. That way we can see what is on the USb stick to actually install them.

It would be nice if its added to a firmware from the start, but not needed. These guys addind the same thing as all the others are useless. If it ever gets backup loading going for it then great, in the mean time I see no reason to install this over one of the others.

Eboot patching is only a band aid for the moment until we get 3.55 cfw or backup support. There is no reason why we should have to keep patching these games like this. Not to mention that very very soon the games released will be compiled with 3.55 and actually USE syscalls from that FW that the older ones do not have. At that point we will NEED backup loading on those newer FW's. No other way around it.

Has anyone actually tried this yet? If so please post results. I am currently on GeoHot 3.55JB Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stinky1978 View Post
    I am trying to understand why someone couldnt just make a package file and sign it. Make the package add the LV2 sys cals that we need from jailbreak dongles. That way ANY FW can become CFW. The only thing I can see us needing is a MFW that has the apps folder. That way we can see what is on the USb stick to actually install them.

It would be nice if its added to a firmware from the start, but not needed. These guys addind the same thing as all the others are useless. If it ever gets backup loading going for it then great, in the mean time I see no reason to install this over one of the others.

Eboot patching is only a band aid for the moment until we get 3.55 cfw or backup support. There is no reason why we should have to keep patching these games like this. Not to mention that very very soon the games released will be compiled with 3.55 and actually USE syscalls from that FW that the older ones do not have. At that point we will NEED backup loading on those newer FW's. No other way around it.
    why dont try to make your own modified firmware or custom firmware? dont you think devs are actually trying to add this?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News