Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by amir 73 View Post
    My console (DEX) does not accept any firmware except Rogero. I want to install firmware 3.55 dex for downgrade XMB I am faced with the error 80029CCA.

Check will do more than just fun recovery. I'm Grateful for your help
    Same error as you friend.

Sponsored Links

Sony PS3 Debug / Test (DEX) Firmware 4.30 Update Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Following up on the previous Sony PS3 Debug / Test leak, today the PlayStation 3 DEX Firmware 4.30 PUP has surfaced with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #3) / [Register or Login to view links] by DANNY G

Warning: According to PlayStation 3 developer soniciso as posted HERE, PS3 CEX to DEX converted units will brick when the OFW 4.30 DEX update is installed so be cautious!

PUP Hashes

MD5: 2B8F823526634F1D04A7F61261EEE850
    SHA1: DD96D7D4DA85F0AAB41F7B82D348572B889A39C1
    CRC32: BDCAD908
    CRC16: 04A1
    HMAC_SHA1: 0xF1CA59DB50C7D9B86175B95EBBF1A39D0F1AB3AE

About 4.30 DEX

4.30 DEX: Do *NOT* install this on a converted machine, it will result in a brick. There is a check on eid0(!) in lv1ldr, that will trigger a panic (fun fact: it's impossible to generate the checked data yourself, so no cex2dex without ugly patches anymore).

PUP Information

[Register or Login to view code]

As always, keep in mind these PUP updates will currently NOT install on a retail PS3, and so they are intended for examination and comparison purposes only.

We have 100% confirmed that running this updater on a retail PS3 will not damage it, however, it will give the following error before the installation completes: The data type is not supported. (8002F029)

Sony PS3 Debug / Test (DEX) Firmware 4.30 Update Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the information

morning,

here is an uploaded mirror: [Register or Login to view links]

Tomb Raider on CFW 4.21 DEX

Hi Guys,

I tried to play Tomb Raider by using Multiman on my PS3 with 4.21 DEX, but when i try to start the game on XMB appears black screen and i have to restart the console. How can fix the game wich request the 4.31 OFW?

Try enabling BD Mirror

I tried to emulate with Fake BD Emu but it doesn't work

PS3ITA Debug CFW modded request

I really like the debug CFW of PS3ITA however is there or could somebody remove the following options by making them hidden:

App_home
    Install packages
    Debug options

Also:

Version name spoofed to 4.40
    Ability to play backups removed.
    Just runs homebrew but still have debug functions

Basically I want someone to edit ps3ita by disabled the above 3 options but still allow it to run debug functions i.e. debugger and only capable of running homebrew.

Don't please ask me why but its my preferences and by the way I'm a noob at this.

Confused Cex to Dex and Back to Cex?

I was thinking about something for awhile. I'm getting the tiao nand reader in the mail to jailbreak my ps3, but, I don't know if this permanently installs A FW. It would be a easy task but, also a inconvenience to have the reader always in the usb slot to play backups.

But, then I heard about DEX's ability to directly downgrade, so If this jailbreak allows me to install pkg's then maybe I could convert to DEX to downgrade. I don't want to keep DEX because you can't play new games from the hdd, or at least its that way to my knowledge.

So if I had DEX maybe I could downgrade to 3.55 OFW then install 3.55 CFW then convert back to CEX.

Is this possible without bricking, I would have searched this if it was'nt so specific, thanks.

Question CEX vs DEX - Which to use?

Hello,

I have bee doing a bit of searching and could not find some good info on the differences between CEX and DEX CFW. Can anyone post a good link or explain the differences and any other recommendations regarding the two?

Sponsored Links

Page 59 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News