Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    somebody can help me building the CMAC? how can i do this or is there any app which can calculate by default?

nevermind, got it done
    Last edited by arktos; 10-21-2012 at 12:46 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can't imagine it being too hard to do for someone who knows what they're doing. how can a dex play bluray games and not movies etc.

If you can install software surely someone that knows what they're doing could knock something up. Am I missing something here? anyone?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    why would I want to convert to DEX? What advantages does it have over other current methods of playing backups/homebrew? Just really found out about this... Thanks

Banned User
    all ps3s have a region code, bluray movies require this and keys to play. dex ps3 has no valid region code as its target id is changed to 82,
    82 is not a valid region id. and dex firmware has no bluray keys for bluray movie playback.
    Last edited by G Sus; 10-22-2012 at 12:03 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hi I want to know if I can go back to cex if I only have my dex nor bin from multiman?

Banned User
    youd need your original cex dump to revert back to cex safely

Thanks for the fast response I Have the 16mb nor bin from my e3 flasher can i use that to go back but i dont have my flasher anymore is there something I can do?

I have My bkpps3.bin from before I did the dex conversion can i use this to get back to retail I have no hardware flashers
    Last edited by imajei; 10-22-2012 at 10:50 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Exclamation PS3 CEX to DEX Converted Units Bricking on OFW 4.30 DEX Update

It's been a few months since the last PS3 Debug / Test (DEX) Firmware 4.21 leak, however, we are now hearing reports that PS3 CEX to DEX Converted units are bricking when PlayStation 3 scene developers attempt to upgrade to Sony's OFW 4.30 DEX update.

This means if you have a converted unit and currently try to use the (not yet public / leaked) 4.30 DECH update you will get a brick... so consider yourself warned in advance!

What happens is when the bricked unit is powered on the light turns green for a few seconds, then you hear 3 beeps and its goes off.

It is suspected (unconfirmed) the reason why this bricking occurs in CEX to DEX converts on OFW 4.30 DEX is because the EID5 isn't changed, which is one factor separating the converted Retail to Debug / Test consoles from genuine and righteous DECH (DEX) consoles.

Finally, for those curious, the PS3 4.25 DEX update (also not publicly leaked yet) is not patched by Sony to brick converted consoles, so this would be the last PS3 Debug / Test Firmware you could update your converted console to (and go online with PSoN DEX) unless a work-around patch fix is discovered.

PS3 CEX to DEX Converted Units Bricking on OFW 4.30 DEX Update

More PlayStation 3 News...

Thanks for the heads-up soniciso and +Rep! I will promote that notice to the main page in a bit as well.

Banned User
    Ohh dear , Glad i didn't convert to dex now

Sponsored Links

Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4445253545556 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News