Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    now, do you have to format an external drive? i remember reading about running games off of a network. i'd prefer not to erase all the games i have backed up that work on 3.55, just for the few i have that aren't patched yet to work.

i remember seeing more than 4 being able to be available, i just can't remember if that still meant formatting a drive or not

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here is his written version:

Preparing the usb hdd:

0. Connect an external usb disc
    1. Go to debug settings on your dex
    2. BD Access select "BD Emulator (USB)"
    3. transfer rate option select "HDD Native"
    4. "Format BD Emulator HDD"

Preparing the update:

1. First use PS3 Game Updater to get the newest Update pkg for the game
    2. Then fire up Pkg View and extract the BCUS98295 dir into any dir -lets just call it targetdir.
    3. Extract psn_package_npdrm.exe into this dir
    4. Create a .txt into this dir and fill it with:

Content-ID = EP0001-BCUS98295_00-0000111122223333
    K_licensee = 0x00000000000000000000000000000000
    DRM_Type = Free
    Content_Type = GameData
    PackageType = DiscGamePatch
    PackageVersion = 01.21

Rename the .txt file "package.conf".
    Where BCUS98295 is the Title ID of your game and Packageversion has to be the Number of the Patch you downloaded

5. run it via cmd with psn_package_npdrm.exe package.conf BCUS98295
    -> this will create a new update pkg for your game -> put on usb stick an install on DEX 3.55 (don't know if you can also install it later)

Preparing the BD Emu Disc:

0. connect external usb with your pc
    1. Fire up psgen.exe
    2. fill in the title id: bcus.. put disc version to 00.00, copyright holder = sce, producer name = sce, tick trophy, click setup game
    3. file -> import -> load up the param.sfo, click tab content information files and drag and drop the files from ps_game without the directories -&gt
    ; remove files that get a grey background -> click ok
    4. click tab directory and file the structure with your backed up files
    5. click build
    6. click for bd emulator hdd tab and select the partition you want to use

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes there is method for running games off a network.

You can use aldostools BdEmuPartitionTool.exe to make more than 4 slots as well, and different size partitions. But for that you still need to format the external drive. Not sure how it works with Network drive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    my video

Thanks guys!!! I'll let you know if it has worked

MmDM PS3 DEX Game Mounter will let you mount your game backups from your pc you'll also need ProDG Target Manager.

I followed this guide but in the end when I start up my ps3 there ain't the option to start the game... which firmware is this guy on. I'm on 4.21 DEX

An easy way to do this is to download BDEmuPartitionTool and genGP3. Then you can use genGP3 to make a BDEMU image from your game and BDEmuPartitionTool to add more game slots and to manage putting games on and taking them off of your hdd. Plug your hdd into the right most USB port and set BD emulator to USB.

Quote Originally Posted by ratboy112 View Post
    I followed this guide but in the end when I start up my ps3 there ain't the option to start the game... which firmware is this guy on. I'm on 4.21 DEX
    Did you restart the ps3 with hdd plugged into right most USB port. Your games should then appear.

The biggest recommendation i can make is that if you're planning to use an external HDD, you should make 100% sure that it doesn't have permanent power saving features with standby/sleep/eco mode included in it's firmware. Different models will net you different results, you can even see the difference in speed by using a usb thumbdrive and some external drives.

You will find that some can net you even worse speeds than the usb thumbdrive (which i think is pretty much standard good speed ). And yeah, the BDEMU image method is the best to use for the newest games that have an update. Some don't work on dex game mounter and multiman, i think it's still a little shoddy by this point.

Sponsored Links

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News