Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well blade, you still can't run new backups from internal. That's a big letdown for me, and none of those methods are a click and go.

I heard you can play new backups from a thumb drive too, so i think i'm gonna try that next for the time being. What kind of External HD are you using?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Do not install that piece of you know what. That thing (I don't wanna even name it) is just for sick users. You are definitely risking A LOT EVEN if you know EXACTLY how to do it (cannot believe that that mad user said it is minimal), do you really believe your PS3 does worth some games? I don't think so.

Besides, you are not simply installing a CFW, you are modifying ORIGINAL flash files from your PS3; how could you deal with that in the future? what if some rare problems arise after you install it? Personally, I couldn't deal with that, apart from the psychological fact that FLASH files have been changed.

Just wait in there, with the precious Kmeaw 3.55 CFW and we'll get something sooner or later.

And remember, he who laughs last, laughs best.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for all your help gents i finally got my system working fron cex to dex a little glitches here and their, you can do a lot more much ore stuff, just need to work it, thank you so much for this thread and many of the responses to a previous post of mine.. thank you so much ps3news community and to all contributor, helping hands mods and admins thank you so much and appreciate your time and effort thank you so much tony

can i ask. i was able to convert my ps3 from cex to dex, then i converted back from dex to cex. i still have the 4 nor dump and eid_root_key. can i use this to convert my ps3 to dex. or i need a new dump? TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by KaInEvIL View Post
    Well blade, you still can't run new backups from internal. That's a big letdown for me, and none of those methods are a click and go.

I heard you can play new backups from a thumb drive too, so i think i'm gonna try that next for the time being. What kind of External HD are you using?
    I think the new game-mounter is almost a click and go (but having a pc on, only to play ps3 is not that ideal. I used a thumbdrive for mw3: The building process take a Looooot more time, but once finished, it runs really smooth. I got an external hdd with a separate power cable. No freezes here. I must regret that I use the long way:
    • 3.55 dex rogero V2 for all my normal cfw-needs
    • 4.21 dex ofw for newer games
    • Both stored on internal hdd, switching takes only couple of minutes.
    • And I modified the gameID of multiman DEX so that i got both installed:
    • CEX & DEX ver of mm at the same time, so no need for reinstalling after fw-switching.

I really want to try the new way these days. I heard that the new game mounter can do DEX-fixing on-fly-by so that u can run all games. I need to test that and then i tell you

i have a noob-question: How can I read my old CEX-IDPS from my nanddumps on a pc? I don't want to convert back to CEX but i think if i spoof my DEX-IDPS with my CEX-IDPS via FckPSN with recompiling the source, then there might be a chance to get online on psn again... (if the passphrase hasn't changed)

I saw a 4.25-patch.pup in wiki. I hope that doesn't update the passphrase...

Cheers
    Blade
    Last edited by Blade86; 10-08-2012 at 10:41 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

CEX to DEX

Hi,

I'm on CEX but why would I convert to DEX. Is it just for new games?

Will my older games still run? And what is the danger of converting to DEX?

Thanks in advance

Yes its all about new games and yes if you downgrade from 4.21 DEX to 3.55 DEX (few minutes) you will be able to play older backups. 3.55 DEX FW its the same as kmeaw one. So do not hesitate and come into DEX side.

There is no danger to convert into DEX only if you have normal hands. Only risk is on DEX->CEX operation, but still you will need to do noobs operation to make this happen.

what's easiest, latest safest and up to date method/guide for CEX2DEX?

sorry i am from Ukraine so i use Russian language "howto", but the most important thing in this process -is not delete flash memory dump

I think I'm already on 3.55 Kmeaw (what was the way to find that out againg? At my ps3 system settings it says Version 9.99 that's it) so what would be the steps that I need to do?

And why would I want to go back from DEX to CEX? Will I still be able to play my original bluray disc games and movies?

Sponsored Links

Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News