Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    is there a decent complete tutorial to convert?
    Last edited by skreama; 07-20-2012 at 09:10 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Bricked my PS3! everything went well until i flashed the dex to the ps3

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OMG noooooo

I got my metldr now All linux dumps were invalid, preloader advance did it

Is there a way to get "make" etc. working on live-CD, or do we have to install it?
    I just used CFW3.55-SPECIAL-otheros++-pub and not the xxxEIGTHxx one which does a separate partition?

Can i install it anyway?? or wll it overwrite gameos?

Cheers
    Blade

Quote Originally Posted by anon777 View Post
    Bricked my PS3! everything went well until i flashed the dex to the ps3
    Post like these are NOT the ones I want to see. I still haven't even tried converting yet & this just makes me wanna forget it even more. I don't have a flasher either! I think I'm gonna hold off for hopefully an easier solution like in the form of a pkg file or patched DEX FW. It's just too risky for now with the current methods.

I would also try if I had another spare PS3 but I don't! I have every type of gaming system in our home you can think of & 2 systems of the same console for some. I just don't have an extra PS3 now. I sold my OFW console back earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade86 View Post
    I got my metldr now All linux dumps were invalid, preloader advance did it
    How did you get the metldr with preloader advance?

Did you put in an extra option or is it an option there already?

Is there a way to get "make" etc. working on live-CD, or do we have to install it?
    I used the RedRibbon Live CD and I had to install MAKE to get it working but it still failed. There are a lot more commands missing so RedRibbon wont work. I will be trying to install Debian later tonight.

I got my flashCEX.bin 245.504 KB

- Loading Flash Dump...
    - Error : Could NOT Find METLDR, Invalid Flash Dump!
    The flash dump should be 256MB NOT 256KB.

I got 2 dumps. 1 from Preloader Advance which is 256MB and 1 from another flash dumper which is 239MB and CEX2DEX says they are both valid and they both dump the same METLDR.
    Last edited by StanSmith; 07-21-2012 at 02:25 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

its is possible to brick your ps3 with this so be careful, you can recover with a hardware flasher, solder the nor tristate wire.. i wouldn't suggest going ahead with this unless you have another way to reprogram your nor or nand chips. all i did was byte reverse my dexflash.bin and use the e3 flasher to program the nor.

Can't you keep it in service mode and reflash it if it fails? Or is it a total brick and no service mode?

I got a dongle for service mode if that means anything but no hardware flasher. I might go get one just in case.

Just a dumb question, we do not need FSELF EBOOTs to run the backup game, retail ones work fine?

CEX2DEX working beautiful over here! 007 Reloaded (3.72fw) working with 1.02 update! Unfortunately, its the only game i can test because i sold all the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by StanSmith View Post
    How did you get the metldr with preloader advance?

Did you put in an extra option or is it an option there already?

I used the RedRibbon Live CD and I had to install MAKE to get it working but it still failed. There are a lot more commands missing so RedRibbon wont work. I will be trying to install Debian later tonight.

The flash dump should be 256MB NOT 256KB.

I got 2 dumps. 1 from Preloader Advance which is 256MB and 1 from another flash dumper which is 239MB and CEX2DEX says they are both valid and they both dump the same METLDR.
    They are both valid dumps yes, but you MUST flash which ever dump back the same method you used to actually dump it (if that makes sense) for example. Flash your Preloader dump back USING PRELOADER ONLY! (safer than any other software method since there's a very slim failure rate).

From what I've saw, people are bricking their PS3's by dumping via one method and flashing via another. If people are going to do that then they got what's coming for them.

Sponsored Links

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News