Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Oh boy... you give them a Dex and they use the retail kernel to run it -.- what a shame.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm sorry, i'm not uderstanding...

You sed that the dump can be loaded into metldrpwn exploit, does it mean we can run it from pc or we need to run the script from ps3?
    Last edited by Brenza; 07-17-2012 at 08:07 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you need to run it on youre ps3 so that it decrypts it for you

Hello guys I have a huge problem... I've created a dexnor.bin succesfully with a metldrpwn dump and memdump 0.1 using this program.... then I flashed it using petitboot dd if=dexnor.bin of=/dev/ps3nflasha bs=1024 and rebooted...

The problem is that my ps3 starts with the green light for 3 seconds and then beeps 2 times fast und shuts off and has a red light blinking...also no tv out in that time...

What went wrong? The program said my keys and everything were O.K. so it created the flash bin...so somewhere with the flashing in petitboot something went wrong?

You write your flash in EXACTLY the same way you dumped it. For example, if I used petitboot to dump the flash I would use petitboot to write the flash. If I used Preloader Advance 3.1 to dump my flash I would use Preloader Advance 3.1 to write the flash. Why? Because different methods of dumping cause slightly different dumps.

I advise people to STAY AWAY from creating dumps to flash memdump.

Your only chance of saving your PS3 is to get it into service mode using a dongle and to try and flash your original dump via Preloader Advance 3.1.

You are right Gunner54, I have NOT used the same method. I used memdump for dumping and petitboot for flashing. Any tutorial on how to get into service mode? Or could I use an e3 flasher to flash back my memdump dump?

Look up PSGrade if you have a programmable USB device (ATMEL). I highly doubt the E3 will work because software dumps are different to hardware dumps. You should of made a backup dump using it first...

Yes. you can use a e3 flasher just make sure that you byte reverse the dump using flowrebuilder first

Well I tried to get into service/factory mode using PS3JB89 on my calculator TI titanium 89, but the PS3 seems not to care about connected usb devices and the calc does not go further than the first step ("jig_init")...

Any little hint maybe? also checked "use device 6" in the jailbreaking program.

For dumping Flash with PreLoader 3.1 in the Advance.cfg what code should be written in Advance.cfg?

i am in the Factory Service Mode with the Kmeaw 3.55.

sorry for my Bad English

Sponsored Links
Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News