Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Case Mods?

is krylon paint the best to use? i read the can it lists metal wood and a few others but nothing about for use on plastic

thanks for the help

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by caddx View Post
    is krylon paint the best to use? i read the can it lists metal wood and a few others but nothing about for use on plastic

thanks for the help
    Krylon fusion is made to bond to plastic... it is perfect imho for the job.

as for tutorial... umm, take apart your ps3, wet sand till smooth, wipe with mineral spirits then start painting....

It was actually my friend XVISTA's paint job that inspired me to do one,... you can see his HERE

and attached are some more pics of mine to hopefully get some of you motivated to get painting and show off your work for the rest of us to see

The one in the attached pics was already sold but i am finishing up a second one which will end up in the BST section here!!
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Last edited by idone; 08-20-2009 at 10:00 AM

I always use 600 grit wet paper, and Vinyl dye to do plastic. works out amazing.

did an xbox a few days ago... its a nice black looks factory.

when i get home ill be sure to snap some. i'm just questioning if i should clear coat it

i want to do my wii next..

Banned User
    I have never used vinal dye so i am very very curious how your 360 turned out... and strange enough i have been thinking of doing my wii and horizontal stand black also XD

So if the dye really does work out well that will be the likely choice for the wii+horizontal stand

Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    I have never used vinal dye so i am very very curious how your 360 turned out... and strange enough i have been thinking of doing my wii and horizontal stand black also XD

So if the dye really does work out well that will be the likely choice for the wii+horizontal stand
    its great, it does not run. it absorbs right into the plastic so it is less prone to scratching, leaves no streaks. and retains the texture of the plastic.

unlike spray paint. you can find it pools in labels for example the top of the console says XboX 360 etched into the plastic. with paint that could harden and cause a mess. with the dye. it just soaks in and everything looks factory.

Lightbulb

Is there any way to add neon lights to the PS3? I just got mine a week ago and wanted to spiff it up a bit..

Case mods would be fantastic. i have a bunch for my DS but getting one for the Ps3 is hard and expensive.

Thumbs Up

damn thats a nice mod!

Thumbs Up

nice mod idone!! but what ps3 is that? i don't have a flash drive or anything like that and i only have two usb ports.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast