Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: PS3 Bootrom 1.0

Sponsored Links

PS3 Bootrom 1.0

Sponsored Links
    Not sure if this has been posted before (searched first of course), but found this in demonhades.org. Might come in handy to devs out there.

[Register or Login to view links] 51mb
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

001.png   002.png  

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Do you have a link to the direct post with this? If it's recent, then it probably needs to be moved to our Site News as well. +Rep!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Do you have a link to the direct post with this? If it's recent, then it probably needs to be moved to our Site News as well. +Rep!
    try [Register or Login to view links]

Banned User
    it was from some old news on demonhades... it is just "ebootrom.100.002" for the reftool unpacked.

But thank you for posting the link for others to have a look!!!

Thumbs Up

Got ya.. It looks like it's from Sept 2008 hehe.. I will pass it along to CJPC to see what he thinks though.

From what I could get out of Google's translation:

Hello friends I have spent the BootROM 1.00 or what is the basis of the firmware (firmware 1.00 debug)

The first thing we see is striking that no one is mounted as a pup, but as individual files (the base).

Then we see that are not tar as in the following updates ... if they are not pkg.
    Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    it is just "ebootrom.100.002" for the reftool unpacked.
    Thanks idone for the clarification! And yea, they likely just unpacked it using NDT's BootRomExtractor.

Want to try to get all information/research as possible into this site so it can help everyone. I believe that there is some intresting work going on a demonhades, but its all in spanish and i have to make do with the google translator.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by zeromx View Post
    Want to try to get all information/research as possible into this site so it can help everyone.
    +1 indeed

To expand on what idone said - yes, it is the ebootrom, which is essentially an update for a PS3 TOOL. Kind of old news, but think of it as a PUP with a different name.

All of the files are still encrypted inside of it, so its not very useful for any experimentation - as for the version.txt, its readily accessible inside /dev_flash/ of any DEV unit.

Oddly enough, even back to the earliest Dev Kits, the ebootrom was still encrypted (actually even more so), all the way back to 0.20 and beyond!

Sponsored Links