Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 BiOS CXR713120-202GB Chip System Controller Details

Sponsored Links
    Here is a translation of an ongoing project from Spanish developer DemonHades (linked above) courtesy of idone, detailing the PS3 BiOS chip being pulled and starting to be traced as follows:

For some time, we have been talking about the PlayStation 3 BiOS, and up to date there is no public info about the IC which does this job and the way it stores the information.

Here is a quick briefing of what we have done so far (pictures in sequence with the below text, spread across the three images below):

Pic #1: The reference of this IC is CXR713120-202GB.

Pics #2 & #3: Thanks to KnightSolidus we have these photos with the ways of this IC and some notes of connections references with colors.

Pic #4: The PLAYSTATION 3 BIOS is also known as SYSTEM CONTROLLER (SysCon)

Pic #5: As we can see in the image, SYSTEM CONTROLLER uses an SPI interface to communicate with the CELL eeprom, on which possibly it will know how to behave. We think it *might* be something interesting to work with.

Pic #6: Using this SPI interface, we can try to cause a livelock that would get us the checkstop.

Pic #7: Here we can see the CXR SYSTEM CONTROLLER, internal diagram. We believe that the UART port can be used for service operations, but we are still trying to get it to work.

Pics #8 & #9: Privileged mode - Here we can see the different types of priviledged modes.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

Image1.jpg   Image2.jpg   Image3.jpg  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    good to see that others are working on the ps3 and sharing info

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Looks promissing!

Sponsored Links
    It seems pretty much a solid project, if I would compare it to the others I seen... Good job and make it worth the time you invested in it!

Indeed a nice work. Hope it can be useful in some way to unleashing the ps3.

nice to know that if we ever get unsigned code to run that otheros can be given full privileges by the simple change of a 0 to a 1.
    (ref: hypervisor section in last image)

Nice job! I like the openness of this information, it's great to see developers sharing info between them, keep the ps3dev news coming, I love them!

p.s: those documents look like official specs from sony, I suppose someone leaked that, is there any more info on the ps3 internals (complete document?)?

Quote Originally Posted by kakarotoks View Post
    p.s: those documents look like official specs from sony, I suppose someone leaked that, is there any more info on the ps3 internals (complete document?)?
    I believe they are just Sony IBM (public) docs, not actual $CE leaks... those who need them do already have access to all the internal PlayStation 3 documentation but they aren't public/leaked yet.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I believe they are just Sony IBM (public) docs, not actual $CE leaks... those who need them do already have access to all the internal PlayStation 3 documentation but they aren't public/leaked yet.
    Ok, thanks for the info!

Just highlights the depth's that are required to hack this console, such good work by those guys keep it up! Better than most of the fake crap we see....

Footylad

Very nice to see that there are multiple groups working from different angles on getting the ps3 opened up.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News