just gonna ask, i have a tekken 6 BD game, its id BLJS10067, others lke Vanquish (BLAS-50233), Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (BLAS-50207), God of War 3 (Asian Version) (BCAS-25003)... after i back-up all these in my ps3 and patched using this PS3 BD2HDD, do you think it will work?? cause i try on my tekken 6, it won't work (gives me corrupt messages and ask me to reinstall) but it successfully create the pkg.
But my Final Fantasy XIII BD is BLES 00783 so most probably this will work but not sure yet.... cause the file is so damn big T_T (40gb)
on my tekken 6, it won't work (gives me corrupt messages and ask me to reinstall) but it successfully create the pkg.
I think the basic problem (when occures corrupt data>reinstall) with patched EBOOT.BIN files is a collision problem. Some games install data that goes to dev_hdd0/BLES12345 which is unfortunately the same location, where the psn.pkg data is installed. I tried this with NFS undercover and got this problem here. XMB keeps track of where package or gamedata is installed and shows it in either gamedata folder or top game column. I tried this:
- run game from BD and let install gamedata
- renamed the gamedata folder
- installed the EBOOT.BIN package
- merged data from renamed folder to new pkg folder - still 'corrupt data'
so this method won't work for games that install gamedata in its ID-named folder. Maybe it is possible to package the patched eboot with another ID like HDBKxxxxx and modify PARAM.SFO, so it is out of the gamedata area, but whether this will work? I don't know, maybe it will need more sophisticated patching of eboot.bin - anyone?
1. Retrieve the original game data to my PC
2. Create a PKG file with PS3 BD2HDD, aggressive, no errors, 6 digit directory
3. I drop the PKG file to my USB HD
4. Connect the USB HD to my PS3
5. Install the PKG
6. XMB has a shortcut for GT5 (correct installation?)
7. Use FileZilla from my PC to my PS3 via FTP
8. On my PS3 I created directories "/dev_hdd0/z/GRANT5"
9. From the original data on my PC, I transfer to my PS3
"/dev_hdd0/z/GRANT5" directory the following files/data:
- USRDIR (I deleted the old EBOOT.BIN and transfered the new EBOOT.BIN).../dev_hdd0/game/BCES00569 (the other GT5 location)... both locations have the new EBOOT.BIN... (both locations have the same data)
10. After transferring the data, I then go to my PS3 and reboot the PS3
11. After rebooting, I then click on the GT5 graphic on the XMB
12. After clicking the GT5 graphic, the PS3 acts as if it is loading a game,
then goes to a black screen. When the screen goes black and the PS3 is
non-responsive, so I manually have to reboot the PS3. The game is
I apologize for trying giving so much detail. I'm just FRUSTRATED.
My main goal is to backup my games so I would no longer have to insert a disk just to play a game (like most of you). I see how some of you are successful with achieving this goal. I to would like to reach this achievement.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it the game, what games work? If it is my process, what is wrong? If there is another way of doing this, please let me know.
There is a fix for Tekken 6 that works from the xmb. After you install the modified eboot pkg, and after copying the files to the USRDIR dir as specified in the pkg instructions, boot into Gaia manager (or any other manager) and launch it (fix permissions).
When it goes back to the XMB, choose the Tekken 6 icon (installed from the eboot pkg) in the xmb not the disc. have it install the data, and you should be good to go. You can even remove the game from Gaia and it will still work from the XMB.
Let me know if it works out for you guys. This similar method can also be used to launch Super Street 4 from the XMB as well.