Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by JeRicHoOL View Post
    What is the difference between this programme and the PS3's own back up system?
    This and other similar posts just how confused users are (including me) with what's going on. Moderators should post a summary (in comprehandable English) of what the so far called 'hack' is supposed to provide (original Giulio's post contains stuff like the HDD encryption has been broken - was it?). The aim of the tool being dealt in this thread would be much more clear... The question looms here - do mods know and understand at all what Giulio achieved?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by kakarotoks View Post
    I don't want to sound pessimistic, but this doesn't seem to be something that could lead anywhere. Having the backup decrypted/injected/encrypted would make for a much safer alternative solution since this can't be patched by Sony, and it would allow us to inject anything into the PS3...
    Yes, I totally agree. The main idea behind all efforts should be to find exactly this solution. That would give us the possibility to develop custom firmwares and homebrew applications. I'm quite sure that the real geeks dealing with this decryption stuff don't want to build some kind of iso-loader or find a way to copy paid .pkgs.
    Quote Originally Posted by kakarotoks View Post
    By the way, quick question, does the backup also contain the firmware? I never tried restoring a backup, but does it free the disc then just copies back the games/movies/music/pictures into the file system? or does it "format" the whole disc, reinstalls the firmware that has been backed up as well as the games/movies/music/pictures? In other words is it just a fancy/encrypted PS3/GAMES+PS3/MOVIES, etc.. directory structure, or is it actually an image of the whole disc ?
    As far as I know it is a compressed image of the whole disc. But as I understand this article, a small part of the firmware is stored on internal flash storage. Probably, it's just the loader with some kind of emergency operating system.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    The question looms here - do mods know and understand at all what Giulio achieved?
    We only know what everyone else does... it's Giulio19992's project, so it is up to him to keep everyone (including Mods) updated on any progress as it happens.

I myself am not directly involved with this project, and based on the feedback from the past week what Giulio posted doesn't appear recreatable by others so chances are good it will idle where it has been from until someone can reproduce the same results.

The important thing for this so called exploit to work, its to be able to decrypt and encrypt the backup data again, so it can be recognized by the hypervisor. No one else as far as i read in this forum, has been able to recreate guilio's work, but maybe it has a lot of ppl, and ppl that really understand thinking on ways to explore more of this. Time is on our side, so lets all have more patience.

Have fun
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    We only know what everyone else does... it's Giulio19992's project, so it is up to him to keep everyone (including Mods) updated on any progress as it happens.
    Glad to hear I get answer from such authority. New forum was open and people go crazy about some automatically translated Italienglish (sorry for the expression) where even things such as successful decryption of the PS3 filesystem is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I myself am not directly involved with this project, and based on the feedback from the past week what Giulio posted doesn't appear recreatable by others so chances are good it will idle where it has been from until someone can reproduce the same results.
    The question I am asking is: do we know what are we trying to recreate? Is it broken icon or get a package installed by "injecting" it into backup?

When the program is able to pack a few files in the pkg?

Quote Originally Posted by RexVF5 View Post
    The question I am asking is: do we know what are we trying to recreate? Is it broken icon or get a package installed by "injecting" it into backup?
    I understood it as his goals with the project were:

1) Injecting PKG files into the back-up
    2) Making back-ups work across multiple consoles

However, perhaps others think differently which may be right also. Needless to say my Italian to English is beyond rusty.

thanks for the post.. but somehow i keep on getting the broken icon. Can somebody make a better vid of them doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by lilshortwun View Post
    thanks for the post.. but somehow i keep on getting the broken icon. Can somebody make a better vid of them doing this?
    I believe the point of this tool is to GET this broken icon.

Banned User
    Hi guys,

I'm sorry but these days i've been busy with some stuff, Windows 7 everyone?

However, I saw the "Proof of Giulio's Fake" from Demonhill, and i've replyed to it. Our project is not hold, and we'll keep working on it, maybe even better beacouse of the less hype around. We'll keep work beacouse so many people eMailed me asking us to continue it.

PS3News, or BOSS, thanks for the support gave to us. I'll inform you for news, ok?

No we're working on HDD Structure and Backup Exploit but even on Home.

People still belive on it, so i'll make it possible.

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast