Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jerem73 View Post
    I heard that we need a 41gb backup minimum for this exploit works, somebody can confirm that too ?

@netfix: Pour l'instant, mais je continue de tester (bizarre de poster en franšais ici )
    Copies your system backup, copies and renames the .pkg file, and then copies the files in the correct order to get the Corrupt icon on your ps3

Limitations:
    Only works with up to, 10 archive2_XX.dat (where x stand for 00, 01, 02, 03, 04 ,05 ,06, 07, 08 ,09 ,10)

Im off to bed now, Good luck!
    Last edited by GIO25; 01-09-2009 at 08:53 AM

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Rami2007 View Post
    guys can someone explain please what is this application do?
    It is explained the best it can be in the first post, to quote:
    Copies your system backup, copies and renames the .pkg file, and then copies the files in the correct order to get the Corrupt icon on your ps3..
    That is it... if you have already done without an issue with the original .bat/.exe file then you don't need to redo it with this.

Edit: Looks like GIO25 beat me to the reply by 1 minute

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    does any1 of the more experienced ps3 devs think that this will ever lead anytime to a first hello world on ps3?

this whole "project" seems very weird to me and looks like it won't lead to anything useable...

Quote Originally Posted by GIO25 View Post
    Copies your system backup, copies and renames the .pkg file, and then copies the files in the correct order to get the Corrupt icon on your ps3

Limitations:
    Only works with up to, 10 archive2_XX.dat (where x stand for 00, 01, 02, 03, 04 ,05 ,06, 07, 08 ,09 ,10)

Im off to bed now, Good luck!
    oh, then i got it working, yesterday i tried to do this with the run.bat, at the end i got a corrupt icon, so i thought it wasn't as it should be. i'm glad it worked then

at the moment, is there anything we can do with it?

cheers

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Syr0n View Post
    does any1 of the more experienced ps3 devs think that this will ever lead anytime to a first hello world on ps3?

this whole "project" seems very weird to me and looks like it won't lead to anything useable...
    Most projects aren't intended to be an "all-in-one" instant hack for the PS3, in actuality this one, the HDD data one, the PS3 Portal one, and several upcoming others are geared for experimenting on specific areas or for the interest of learning.

It seems many are misguided that there is one project only to hack the PS3, this simply isn't the case as now others are getting involved.. which is really good news indeed.

Most of the PS3 Devs are busy with their own projects and have little time to get involved in others projects, while balancing life, jobs, education, family, etc in the mix.

In summary, when the lead PS3 Devs here have news/breakthroughs they will post on it as they always have... but during the time between their progress updates is when other projects are great for those who enjoy tinkering with the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by tworok View Post
    i'm glad it worked then

at the moment, is there anything we can do with it?
    Not that we know of yet... all this does is help those who haven't made it as far as you get up to speed pretty much.

I read all most everything but i still don't get it what this application do...

Can Someone give me a help please?

Wink Some Clarification for the uninformed...

Right, so i haven't actually tried this myself yet (would have to swap out my 320gb for my 60gb, format etc!, haven't had time) but i have been reading recent news/forum posts etc...

To clarify:-
    1. This tool simply takes a backup of your PS3 and manipulates it so that when restored back to your PS3 again you will have a corrupted icon showing up. (nothing more, nothing less)

2. This isn't of much use to the general public (yet).

3. No, it isn't a dam iso loader!

4. NO, IT ISN'T A DAM ISO LOADER!

This project is here to see if the concept is viable, or if any problems are encountered. As stated elsewhere it is for investigative purposes for future projects.

If you want an iso loader - don't bother with this as it is of no use to you at all! (although your testing may help lead to full access to the ps3, which may in turn unfortunately lead to piracy on the ps3)

PSPSwampy.
    (wow, haven't posted like this for ages!)

p.s. Wanna know what something is for - why not read previous posts on the subject, you never know they might contain useful information!!!!!

version 1.1 Attached.

Fixed an error...

EDIT:
    Can someone edit the first post, as I cant...
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried installing it on an other PS3 (my backup on his) it did not work

Thnx anyway !!

Smile

hello

i don't have try this yet but i hope some people build homebrew or emulator in pkg file to test it

thanks to devs for this soft and continue your work !!!!

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast