Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Backup Manager 1.1 for debug units

Sponsored Links
    I recently extracted the "Backup Manager 2.0" package which is really Backup Manager 1.1 and unpacked the package and compared the elf file to the debug backup manager elf file. I noticed the branch on 10B20 is actually just a one byte change from '0' to '1', so that the branch is always made (1 = true).

Anyways, upon further inspection I noticed the only difference in the new backup manager from the previous was a simple 4 byte change. So I simply added the always true change to the 1.1 Retail version and wallah, we have a working debug version.

I can't personally test this until my TEST unit arrives this week but I'm certain it should work just fine. For further clarification, this is the backup manager that allows you to play the backup games without a disk in the PS3, enabled for the debug units.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    +Rep for the effort pasky, it's easy to forget PS3 Debug users with all of the Retail JailBreak stuff going on lately.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm curious if it's possible to use the Jailbreak dongle with the 3.41 Debug firmware since it seems the dongles rely on a particular firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by pasky View Post
    curious if it's possible to use the Jailbreak dongle with the 3.41 Debug firmware since it seems the dongles rely on a particular firmware.
    they have to be ported to the debug firmware last I heard....

Has anyone had a chance to see if this works sucessfully on their dev unit?

I have try it on my debug firmware 3.20 and it don't work! just do a gamre request error
    Quote Originally Posted by timarc007 View Post
    I have try it on my debug firmware 3.20 and it don't work! just do a "request no event" error
    and when you start a game with a modified Eboot.Bin you only receive a black screen!!
    Last edited by timarc007; 09-26-2010 at 03:34 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Then it worked properly, that's normal because the backup manager always gives that for debug consoles. Until someone makes a jailbreak dongle for the debug units, this isn't exactly useful yet. =/

Quote Originally Posted by pasky View Post
    Then it worked properly, that's normal because the backup manager always gives that for debug consoles. Until someone makes a jailbreak dongle for the debug units, this isn't exactly useful yet. =/
    you are correct on that aspect..

yes it work, like the loader 1.0, no much change.. you can make change some string in the Eboot.BIN version 1.0 to do the same thing of the 1.1 version!!

Are there any plans to make a PSgroove version for the debug units? Is it possible to dump the hex codes needed to make a PSgroove work for a debug unit? What area needs to be dumped?

It doesn't work for me like 1.0 on my debug station...

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News