Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    Yes, I believe that I'll stick with syscall35. The latest release was reverted back to 36, since I have a homemade break-dongle and I currently can't update it with the latest payload.

I hope that tomorrow or next week I'll get it to the PL3 compatible one, so once done I'll make it use 35 only.
    For the sake of people in similar situation like you at the moment - why not keep the 36 at least optional via INI file?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yep , PSFreedom_v1.4b-Dingoo still need the syscall36

[ v1.4 ]:

- Payloads updated.
    - Added patch to fix problems with pads and savegames, only for fw 3.41 (thanks to Hermes).
    - Added support to install demo packages through the "Install package files" menu.

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    1) Have in mind that by default the FTP service is on and its root is in manager's install folder, so you can simply connect and upload your options.ini

2) options.ini allows you to set SEARCH ROOT for game backups. For example it you set hdd_home=/dev_hdd0/game it will wind all game backups in subfolders of ALL MANAGER VARIATIONS.
    Where do I find options.ini file. Or I just create one myself. Where can I find the installation folder of the program in my PS3? Do I put this options.ini file in the installation folder?

Is there any document for this program?

Please assist. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fredli8 View Post
    Where do I find options.ini file. Or I just create one myself. Where can I find the installation folder of the program in my PS3? Do I put this options.ini file in the installation folder?

Is there any document for this program?

Please assist. Thanks!
    Press L2 and it'll tell you where the options.ini file is and what it's settings are.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    For the sake of people in similar situation like you at the moment - why not keep the 36 at least optional via INI file?
    Here is what is going to happen:

1) Changed .INI defaults and options:

Code:
    ##############################################################################################################
    #
    # Display settings:
    # =================
    # display_mode=0 (0 - PS2/PS3/AVCHD titles, 1 - PS3 game titles, 2 - AVCHD titles)
    # showdir=1     (0 - don't show folder paths under title names / 1 - show folder path)
    # fullpng=3     (0 - original mode / 1 - PIC1.PNG as full background / 2 - ICON0+PIC1.PNG
    #            3 - Custom BG + PIC1.PNG mode, 4 - SLIDE style)
    #
    # AVCHD related
    # =============
    # scan_avchd=1     (0 - don't scan USB HDDs for AVCHD folders / 1 - scan for AVCHD folders)
    # expand_avchd=1 (0 - one entry per AVCHD folder / 1 - one entry per each AVCHD playlist - multiAVCHD)
    #
    #
    # Startup options:
    # ================
    # ftpd_on=1     (0 - ftp server stopped at start / 1 - auto start ftp server (login as anonymous user)
    # patched=-1     (0 - USB patch mode off / 1 - USB patch v1 mode on / -1 - don't POKE anything at startup)
    #
    # mount_bdvd=1     (0 - don't use syscall35&36 / 1 or 36 - use syscall36 only / 35 - use syscall35 only
    #
    ##############################################################################################################

# Backup games to these folders:
    hdd_dir=/dev_hdd0/GAMES
    usb_dir=GAMES

# Look for game backups recursively in these folders:
    # (leave blank for USB (usb_home) root (/) folder)
    hdd_home=/dev_hdd0/GAMES
    usb_home=/GAMES

# Startup options
    patched=-1
    ftpd_on=1

# Display options
    fullpng=3
    showdir=1
    display_mode=0

# AVCHD options
    scan_avchd=1
    expand_avchd=1

# SysCalls to mount /dev_bdvd
    mount_bdvd=1
    Please edit your .INI propertly according to the changes described above. To comply with syscall35 and unify the manager there are TWO MAJOR CHANGES:

Code:
    patched=-1	 (0 - USB patch mode off / 1 - USB patch mode on / -1 - don't POKE anything at startup)
    mount_bdvd=1	 (0 - don't use syscall35&36 / 1 or 36 - use syscall36 only / 35 - use syscall35 only
    By default (patched=-1) the program WILL NOT DO ANY POKES and will not screw your kernel. Enabling the USB PATCH MODE with [R2] could be useful for people like me, who use very very old payloads.

By default (mount_bdvd=1) the program will use syscall36. I strongly suggest to change it to mount_bdvd=35 if your payload supports it (syscall35 PL3).

Using these two options should make all clear and fix a lot of problems. As KaKaRoTo said: a loader/manager SHOULDN'T POKE around the kernel memory and that's what we'll do here.

I'll release the version a bit later. It should fix the 'freeze' issues and some other things.

Quote Originally Posted by d3adliner View Post
    Dean, could you please attach or link me to the .psd of the PICBG.PNG used in your manager? Thank you!
    I'll attach it later.

Dean
    Last edited by deank; 10-17-2010 at 06:32 AM

Here is the Photoshop PSD.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is the Photoshop PSD.
    Thanks again man. Still the #1 manager!

deanrr

can you add a option to turn off/on the Direct Boot thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    Press L2 and it'll tell you where the options.ini file is and what it's settings are.
    Thank you! Works like charm!

Quote Originally Posted by riz1 View Post
    can you add a option to turn off/on the Direct Boot thanks
    Yes, later. It is more important to get rid of all this peek/poke/payload confusion.

Here is the version with all fixed. I'll appreciate reports from people who had issues. Make sure to edit the options.ini (or options_default.ini) with the proper values to fit your configuration.

NEW OPTIONS/CHANGES:
    Code:
    # patched=-1	 (0 - USB patch mode off / 1 - USB patch mode on / -1 - don't POKE anything at startup)
    #
    # mount_bdvd=1	 (0 - don't use syscall35&36 / 1 or 36 - use syscall36 only / 35 - use syscall35 only
    # mount_point=/dev_bdvd	(/dev_bdvd or /app_home - mount selected path to bdvd or app_home - syscall35 only)
    Either use the options_default.ini from the attached archive or edit yours:

Code:
    # syscall35 source_path (/dev_bdvd or /app_home)
    mount_point=/dev_bdvd

# SysCalls to mount MOUNT_POINT
    mount_bdvd=1
    If you're using PL3, please set "mount_bdvd=35"!

These new options allow you to use only syscall35 or only syscall36 and also select where to mount your games - either to /dev_bdvd or to /app_home. Please be careful when editing the options.

Dean
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

DSC00221_sm.JPG   DSC00222_sm.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News