Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by TUHTA View Post
    Yep this version isn't working on 3.41 So i will do it by myself!

Maybe someone will be faster!

SO it will work on 3.41
    tried a few things last night, but could only get the following on 3.41 to "turn on" by editing the xml's

title store preview (in game)
    title store preview (store)

neither of them actually did anything since i can't connect to the PSN.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    excuse me guys i'm from Italy i don't understand very well... i just wanted to know if with this custom firmware i can use ps3 jailbreak and launch debugged games... i have a ps3 slim with 3.50 firmware, so i was wondering if i can solve the problem with this "acid" firmware... thank you everybody i hope i didn't bother!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by rustache View Post
    excuse me guys i'm from Italy i don't understand very well... i just wanted to know if with this custom firmware i can use ps3 jailbreak and launch debugged games... i have a ps3 slim with 3.50 firmware, so i was wondering if i can solve the problem with this "acid" firmware... thank you everybody i hope i didn't bother!!
    no you need <= 3.41 firmware, all firmwares above (e.g 3.50) have the "usb bug" fixed so no working jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by tillman View Post
    no you need <= 3.41 firmware, all firmwares above (e.g 3.50) have the "usb bug" fixed so no working jailbreak.
    no i mean if i can solve the problem by installing and using "acid" firmware instead of 3.50 firmware.

you are already on 3.50, so therfore you cannot do ANY of the JB or mods, or run backups.. etc...

Ok guys i finished the ATmega8 project.Its not possible to convert to the ATmega8 in case that the small usb loader works but for some tasks the jig will use we will need the usb.h lib again to be able to use the CDC.

Anyway the last days i come in contect with a developer of a new ps3 jig modchip.Called the ps3jig and developed as a dev board.You can use it as normal ps3jig to gain homebrew ability or as dev board to develop your own payload or bootloader.
    I come to the prefileg to get some test samples and till and of the week (i hope) i will be able to test things before releasing.

Back to topic:
    From today i have more time to focus on the xml project and will try to redo all the work and leav the picīs from the rcoīs untouched.After that i will focus on the 3.41 fw and mod this rcoīs.Maybe it can give better compatiblity as to time.

Banned User
    Do you think you could customise the payload or make a small app to mount dev_hdd0 to usb001 and to mount dev_flash to usb002? I see that dev_hdd0 is mounted to usb when using patch to install game data to external on new managers/hermes v4 so it is very possible.

What we need is both the hdd and the flash mounted to external memory that is writeable because if we just replace flash files with those from another firmware using firm loader 0.3 the dev_flash does not match the HDD files and its very buggy/crashes very quickly if it boots at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpie View Post
    I need some help installing this to my PS3? idk if this is right but here is how my usb stick is setup:

Removable D\DEV_FLASH\PS3 Hacked FW files

Is there a more detailed tutorial or a video tutorial?
    That is wrong , set it up like this: Removable D:\PS3 Hacked FW files

ie. Do not put firmware files inside a folder (dev_flash), just directly onto your memory stick.

Also before you copy hacked files over make sure you have a complete firmware dump on the usb stick for your firmware version (use comgenies file manager to copy your own dev_flash contents to the root of your usb stick).

If any files are missing or corrupt your PS3 will not boot and will give a ''reinstall firmware or try restarting'' message
    Last edited by DeViL303; 10-20-2010 at 05:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

1. you need to dump your FW (dev_flash,dev_flash2,dev_flash3) to pc using ftp
    2. then copy the files that cfwprophet has into use FW dumps on your pc
    3. edit xreg file from your PS3 to enable debug then(i think) ftp it back to your dev_flash2/backups/ folder on PS3

then i guess reboot in JB mode.. I didn't do that and it fragged my FW i had to restore FW with OFW 3.41

I couldn't drag myself to ftp into my dev_flash2 folders

Great job on the hacked FW man!

First update is available.

Test2 have removed some rcoīs they only haved the normal text removed with some custom joke text like "System Update" to "System Downgrade".

This time i only used the "importend" rcoīs wich define some debug options.Also the gimīs are untouched (unconverted) and lossy options dont used.At least all patched rcoīs does now mach in size (some needed a zlib compression and some other not)

Found the OtherOS option still present in the .xml and unlocked it.But we have no otheros module so the option will not work.But as next i will try to include the otheros module from a older fw version.

Geohot hase told us that he hase gained back OtherOS compatibility truth adding the otheros module from a older fw to the dev_flash of his ps3.
    We will see...

Quote Originally Posted by DeViL303 View Post
    Do you think you could customise the payload or make a small app to mount dev_hdd0 to usb001 and to mount dev_flash to usb002? I see that dev_hdd0 is mounted to usb when using patch to install game data to external on new managers/hermes v4 so it is very possible.

What we need is both the hdd and the flash mounted to external memory that is writeable because if we just replace flash files with those from another firmware using firm loader 0.3 the dev_flash does not match the HDD files and its very buggy/crashes very quickly if it boots at all.
    For the payload this would be a unreach able goal because im not that good.(Not to time)

But for the firm loader i should be able to add a additional remount as long a source code for the app will be available.I toubt that it is. Beside that we dont know if this will work. Would be intersting to test this.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

otheros.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News