Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am lost as to what it actually does.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    You may have been posting when CJPC was, check his reply and see if you are still lost.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    After having this CFW running there's no need to JB anymore, right?

Quote Originally Posted by bgcngm View Post
    After having this CFW running there's no need to JB anymore, right?
    You will still need to, as its not the CFW we all think of, more a modified current one.

Namely, the JB is the one responsible for allowing the console to run unsigned code in the first place, so for the time being - its still quite necessary.

Lightbulb

Core dump?

I'd die to get one dump, if someone does it

Registered User Whateverwhateve's Avatar
    Not exactly a true CFW, as the title says calling it a XML hack is more accurate, CFW is just misleading.

But other than that, do these hacks actually remain once installed so you don't need to jailbreak the PS3 every boot?

A bit curious about those Pocketstation and PS2 features, especially if a BC console isn't required to enable and/or use them.

Anybody know?

yeah.. does this mean it will make my 40gig ps2 compatible.. if so great.. thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Whateverwhateve View Post
    Not exactly a true CFW, as the title says calling it a XML hack is more accurate, CFW is just misleading.
    It's not misleading at all to me, he named it "PS3 Acid CFW" (when you do something, you can call it what you prefer) and right in the title is the "XMB Custom Firmware XML Hack Pack" explanation for dummies on what it is so -Rep there.

As it uses modified RCO and XML files, it is a Custom Firmware for the PS3 so I can see why he'd name it this way... it's not "Dark_AleX-style CFW" if you are using that terminology as a comparison, but this is just an initial test version and cfwprophet (or perhaps others) will likely improve upon it.

Anyway, I do hope people read beyond titles here as we can only make them so long... and it reiterates right in the first few sentences exactly what this is.

Boss, does this mean we can copy psp games for eg locoroco and play them from internal hdd? i was just wondering because of this option that was stated: Unlocked PSP Only (now you can copy PSP only tiles on any media)

cheers

Hi, so in that you can install the CFW firmware debug? or what?

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News