Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so does this cfw support mkv files and other multimedia files??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaal View Post
    How did you get 6 rep power with 4 posts?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    longevity lol

i wasn't lost my first account here , i would have more than him

Longevity is factored in, he's been a member here since 2005.

Edit: atlask2 beat me.

Quote Originally Posted by mikaal View Post
    To time not. But if it is possible to add additional codecs to the os then for sure we will try to do, to give the community what the want.

MKV is a container, not a codec... Most (nearly all) MKV's are H.264 and Ac3 or DTS...if you cant get native MKV support from the PS3, you can use a workaround and ask roman76r for the source code and port tsMuxeR to the PS3. this will parse an MKV to TS format on the fly that the PS3 can play (this is what PS3 Media Server does in the background)... from the end users point of view....it looks like the ps3 is playig the mkv, so everyone is happy.

If no joy with Roman, take a look at tsremux (source code here forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125447)

Just a thought..

K
    Last edited by oldpainless777; 12-17-2010 at 05:06 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yep, an "On the Fly" converter would be cool. A program that detects the *.MKV and converts it into MPEG without lose of video quality (what's 3r1c's does) and play it up, while the PS3 converts it in the background. That would be an enormous forward !

Couple of interesting items here if any dev wants them... forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-238528.html

And scrub my comments about tsremux... stick to tsMuxeR, as in the above link.

Anyway... official source code here: smlabs.net/tsmuxer_en.html

K
    Last edited by oldpainless777; 12-17-2010 at 06:16 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If it is only a container thing then we maybe can write code for a payload to detect mkv container and change it to a supportet container.

Beside changing the os and rebuilding hacked sprx´s or self´s should not be a problem. But this won't work for a installable version.

Well I found a minor issue, when a game is running and the PS button is pressed then the Haxxx menu is selected the icons don't load properly. The top two remain as spinning squares (loading) and the names don't load and the bottom two don't load the names.

I tried out this CFW because I was interested in seeing the performance bar, I must be blind because I don't see it. Where is it?

Also this is a minor inconvenience but the time is highlighted in white, which makes it actually harder to see because the text itself is white.

Edit: Also, nothing at all displays under the system menu in the same scenario. I was going to edit this in immediately but for some reason my post disappeared temporarily.
    Last edited by Neo Cyrus; 12-17-2010 at 09:10 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News