Virtual Memcard Converter v3
This is a basic fix to my last version, although some saves still do NOT work. Disney-Pixar's cars, for example, still gives me an error on start-up that the saved data is being stupid lol. If anybody finds a new method, PLEASE PM me and inform me of what's going wrong
Let's get started.
COPY YOUR ORIGINAL SAVEDATA FROM THE PS3 -
1. Convert your game with PS2iso2pkg; REMEMBER THE GAME ID. It is absolutely necessary.
2. Under "Game", navigate to "Saved Data Utility (PS2)," and delete the savedata for your PS2 game.
3. Load your converted PS2Classic at least once on your PS3. DO NOT SAVE ANY DATA TO THE "MEMORY STICK" WHILE IN-GAME, THIS IS CRUCIAL.
4. Quit back to the XMB. You should have received no errors.
5. Under "Game", navigate to "Saved Data Utility (PS2)," then scroll to your PS2 savegame data.
6. Press triangle on your savedata, and select "Copy."
7. Insert your storage media (i.e. a thumb-drive), and copy the data to it. Overwrite if necessary.
CONVERT YOUR NEW SAVEDATA FROM YOUR OLD PS2 -
1. Connect your storage media to your computer. Navigate to drive:/PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2U[Game ID]
2. Copy SCEVMC0.VME to the "orig_VME" folder of the GUI tool.
3. Run VMEtoPS2.exe
The tool will decrypt the file in the orig_VME folder;
It will save it in the PS2 folder.
4. Run SaveBuild.exe Note - you may have to open PS2save-builder manually with admin rights; it is located in "tools"
Click "Edit > Add File", and browse to the folder of your savegame.
It will look something like "mc0:/BASLUS-21490"
Import every file from that directory into the tool. (i.e. BASLUS-21490/icon.sys , BASLUS-21490/config , etc)
Now edit the Root/ID field to match the name of the folder (i.e. Root/ID = BASLUS-21490)
Go to "File > Save as..." and select "Save as file type: X-port2 (*.xps)" and save the file as your Root/ID (i.e. BASLUS-21490.xps)
(The program will ask you to save the file inside of your savegame folder, save it somewhere like your desktop)
5. Run MyMC.exe
When the program starts, it will ask you to open a .PS2 file; Navigate to and select MemCardConv/PS2/SCEVMC0.PS2
Click "File > Import..." and select the .XPS you created in set 4. BE AWARE THAT THIS TOOL UPDATES THE MEMORY CARD WITH REAL-TIME; AND SAVES CANNOT BE REMOVED!
6. Run PS2toVME.exe
The tool will encrypt the file in the PS2 folder;
it wil save it in new_VME.
COPY YOUR NEW SAVEDATA TO THE PS3 -
1. Copy the New VME in the VME folder to your external drive (external drive:/PS3/EXPORT/PS2SD/PS2UXXXXX/SCEVMC0.VME)
2. On your PS3, plug in your external drive and go to the Game portion of the XMB, and select "Saved data Utility (PS2)"
3. Select your external drive and copy over the new savegame
4. You're good to go, load up your game & hope you don't get the error \(0n0)/