Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS2 Games on TEST unit?

Sponsored Links
    Is there a special setting that needs to be set to play retail PS2 games (not backups, I know they need to be patched) on a TEST ps2?

I got a 60GB DECHA00A and when I put my ps2 games in, nothing shows up under games.

I've tested PS3 games and it works, I also have the debug menu and I've booted into the debugger mode successfully (says sdk ver 3.15). I was told it's ps2 backwards compatible when I bought it. What do I need to do to play retail games?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Any PS3 Test can play ps2 games as long as there master disc as far as I know....

Retail Games you need to have 4 Usb Ports for it to work correctly, If you lack the four usb ports then the unit is not natively backwards compatiable.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Mine has 4 usb slots. Serial says DECHA00A. Nothing shows up when I put a retail Ps2 disc in.

Ok something odd now, it's not even playing retail PSX games. Is there a setting that is perhaps causing this?

Updated the debug firmware to 3.20 (from 3.15) and it still doesn't play my retail pSX or Ps2 games.

Is this a bad laser or am I missing something? It plays retail PS3 games fine.
    Last edited by pasky; 09-29-2010 at 11:18 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It is probably the laser that has gone bad.

Would really like confirmation of someone with a debug unit, I mean this with no offense but it sounds like you're just going off of speculation rather than hands on knowledge before I go spend another $40-$60 on a laser assembly, unless you have a BC compatible TEST unit.

Ok, i took the laser out of my spare 60GB and the Test unit now plays Ps2 and psx games. Confirmed it was the laser, thanks for all the help.
    Last edited by pasky; 09-30-2010 at 02:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by pasky View Post
    Would really like confirmation of someone with a debug unit, I mean this with no offense but it sounds like you're just going off of speculation rather than hands on knowledge before I go spend another $40-$60 on a laser assembly, unless you have a BC compatible TEST unit.

Ok, i took the laser out of my spare 60GB and the Test unit now plays Ps2 and psx games. Confirmed it was the laser, thanks for all the help.
    Na, I was just ruling out different things

I was just going to comment on this... I have yet to test my 60gb post-jailbreak, but prior to that I was able to play PS2 games just fine...

Quote Originally Posted by FleetwoodSho View Post
    I was just going to comment on this... I have yet to test my 60gb post-jailbreak, but prior to that I was able to play PS2 games just fine...
    It shouldnt change a thing, because of the fact that it just launches backed ps3 games by clicking into debug mode, which is a native mode btw.

if test consoles are the demo units used in display cases at stores, there are unlock codes unique to each firmware version that restore most retail console features.

Nah, those are Demo consoles in stores. PS3 Test consoles are less restricted... check the Sticky if you wish to learn about about them.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News