PS2 Classics Manager v1.00 Beta By CaptainCPS-X is Now Available

Following up on his preview, this weekend PlayStation 3 developer CaptainCPS-X has released PS2 Classics Manager v1.00 Beta (20130324) (CEX 340-4XX) for those interested in running those titles on their PlayStation 3 video game console.

Download: [BETA] PS2_CLASSIC_MANAGER_1.00_[20130324]_CEX340_4XX.rar / [PS2U10000]_PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R2.rar (321 KB) / [PS2U10000]_PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R3.rar (3.21 KB) / [PS2U10000]_PS2_Classics_Placeholder_R3.rar (Mirror) / PS2Classics Guide on Converting ISOs to XMB PS2 Games by spewfr

[BETA] PS2 CLASSICS MANAGER v1.00 [20130324] [CEX 340-4XX]

Here you have the BETA / Test build of PS2 Classics Manager v1.0. This release is not the final version, this is a working build, but it has a couple of things that need to be enhanced to work better and cleaner.

Note: Be aware that this release doesn't support EXTERNAL games. Also from deank: Don't waste time to copy files around. Use a simple "link/unlink" to create hard-links to the new ISO. It takes a split second and doesn't fragment the drive. mM already supports displaying and managing PS2 ISO files, but for PS2 classics there should be one standard folder to use as base where the new ISO.ENC will be placed.

REQUIREMENTS

I - PS2 CLASSICS PLACEHOLDER

Before using this application you MUST read the following guide, because this application depends on PS2 Classics Placeholder and the converted ISOs.

Guide: Convert any PS2 ISO to PS2 Classic

NOTE: Use the new PS2 Classics Placeholder R2.

II - PS2 VME FILES

Inside the PS2 Classics Placeholder R2 RAR I included 2 VME (SCEVMC0.VME, SCEVMC1.VME) files to be used for your converted ISOs, they are clean. Keep reading to understand how to set them up properly for each game.

III - CLEAN UP

If you already have my previous release of the PS2 Classics Placeholder, make sure you remove any ISOs you put inside the USRDIR directory and remove / uninstall it from XMB. Then install the latest R2 release of the placeholder PKG.

On XMB go to "Game->Save Data Utility (PS2)->PS2 Classics Placeholder" and delete it.

IV - DOWNLOADS

SETTING UP PS2 GAMES

I - LOCATION

PS2 games have to be placed in the following directory on your PS3:

/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/

II - DIRECTORY NAMING

Game directories should be named following this example:

[GAME-ID] GAME NAME

Example: "/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SLUS-20312] Final Fantasy X"

Future builds of PS2 Classics Manager will use the naming standard to look for information of the game on a custom database. If you don't name your directories correctly then you will not benefit from this future feature.

III - DIRECTORY STRUCTURE

There are 4 important things you must have inside every game directory:
    • SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (included with PS2 Classics Placeholder R2)
    • SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (included with PS2 Classics Placeholder R2)
    • ISO.BIN.ENC
    • COVER_FULL.PNG (example: img515.imageshack.us/img515/9279/coverfull.png)

Note 1: USE THIS DIRECTORY STRUCTURE IF YOU WANT TO AVOID POSSIBLE ISSUES, IT JUST TAKES A COUPLE OF SECONDS.

Note 2: If you use high resolution covers they will take some seconds to load, this can impact performance so it is recommended to use 480p PNGs.

PS: I will now go to sleep since its 5AM here xD. Tomorrow (or I should say today lol) I will be a bit busy doing some homeworks but after I'm done with them I will keep working on PS2 Classics Manager.

HOW TO FIX THE FOLLOWING ERROR "The copyright protection information is invalid (80029513)."

If you followed my guide and after running reActPSN you still have this issue verify that your ISO.BIN.ENC was encrypted with the following ContentID "2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333"

HOW DO I VERIFY IT ?

Using any hex editor open your ISO.BIN.ENC and around the first 16 bytes, and look for "2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333", if you see this instead "JP0102-NPJD00015_00-0000000000000000", then it was encrypted using the first old guide I made, I think the first versions of ps2classics GUI application used that ContentID but I'm not sure.

HOW TO FIX IT ?

You have a 2 options to solve this:

Option 1 (NOT RECOMMENDED: This will solve the issue on your PS3, if you copy the ISO in other PS3 it will present the same issue, to avoid this use Option 2)
    • Download the following RAP: JP0102-NPJD00015_00-0000000000000000.rap
    • Copy the RAP to the exdata directory in your external USB Storage Device
    • Change user account to "aa" if you already ran reActPSN once and the user account was renamed, just make another user account named "aa" (do not remove the other account).
    • Run reActPSN from "aa" user account
    • Go to your main account and try running PS2 Classics Placeholder now

Option 2 (RECOMMENDED)
    • Follow the guide mentioned on the first thread and when you encrypt the PS2 ISO make sure to use the correct Content ID ("2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333")
    • Copy the new ISO.BIN.ENC to its corresponding game directory at /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO
    • Open PS2 Classics Manager and make the current active game not-active by pressing Square while selecting it.
    • Make the game active again by pressing X while selecting it, then try loading it from PS2 Classics Placeholder.

Note: ALWAYS USE "2P0001-PS2U10000_00-0000111122223333" AS CONTENT ID FOR YOUR CONVERTED ISOS TO AVOID ANY PROBLEMS.

Progress Report: I spent like an hour recently adding a few things to stabilize next release of PS2CM. I cleaned up a lot of the code to prepare for a future Source Code public release for those interested.

Implemented several checks when launching PS2CM:
    • Verify if a system directory at "/dev_hdd0/home" needs to be created for PS2 VME files, if it doesn't exist it will be created with the proper files inside.
    • Verify if the application can actually write to the system directory.
    • Verify if PS2 Classics Placeholder is properly installed.
    • Verify if PS2 Classics Placeholder has unneeded files for some reason (SAVEDATA, CONFIG, ...) and remove them to avoid any possible conflicts.
    • Verify if the current installation of PS2CM has missing files or is corrupt.
    • Modified the way VME (Memory Cards) are handled, now it will use only 2 VME for all games, you will be able to have up to 10 VME to select from, and just 2 of them can be used for SLOT 1 or SLOT 2.
    • VME will be located at "/dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/SAVEDATA" (PS2CM directory)
    • Games just need to have "ISO.BIN.ENC" and "COVER_FULL.PNG" at their respective directory structure (/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[GAME_ID] GAME_TITLE/...).

Note: Game Cover handling will be probably managed by PS2CM in the future so you will not have to worry about covers, I am currently doing a collection of covers for use with PS2CM.

Here you have a complete list of additions / changes that I have done so far to the upcoming PS2CM v1.01. I finished for the day, but tomorrow there will be more progress.
    • Added check for correct PS2 Classics Placeholder Content ID on any selected game ISO.BIN.ENC, this will avoid the use of incorrectly encrypted / converted games.
    • Added support for External games at /dev_usb00x/PS2ISO/ ( smaller than 4GB for now )
    • Added feature to import / copy external PS2 games to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/ ( smaller than 4GB for now )
    • Added free space check when copying games from external USB Storage Device
    • Added display of free internal HDD space on top of game list
    • Added module to make backups of VME (Memory Cards) to "/dev_hdd0/PS2VME_BKP/" on PS2CM boot and exit for security purposes.
    • VME files will be now linked and not copied to system directory, because of this, save data will be always in synch.
    • Implemented several checks when launching PS2CM:
    • Verify if /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO directory needs to be created for External game import / copy.
    • Verify if a system directory at "/dev_hdd0/home" needs to be created for PS2 VME files, if it doesn't exist it will be created with the proper files inside.
    • Verify if PS2 Classics Placeholder has unneeded files for some reason (SAVEDATA, CONFIG, ...) and remove them to avoid any possible conflicts.
    • Verify if there is a Last Active game with missing files at PS2 Classics Placeholder directory.
    • Remove PS2 Classics Placeholder System memory cards when there is no game Active in it.
    • Modified the way VME (Memory Cards) are handled, now it will use only 2 VME for all games, you will be able to have up to 10 VME to select from, and just 2 of them can be used for SLOT 1 or SLOT 2.
    • VME will be located at "/dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/SAVEDATA" (PS2CM directory)
    • Games just need to have "ISO.BIN.ENC" and "COVER_FULL.PNG" at their respective directory structure (/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[GAME_ID] GAME_TITLE/...).

Note: Game Cover handling will be probably managed by PS2CM in the future so you will not have to worry about covers, I am currently doing a collection of covers for use with PS2CM. Tomorrow I will focus on implementing External Split games support, these will ovbiously be copied / joined to the internal PS3 HDD if you select to make them active in the PS2 Classics Placeholder. You will have another option to just import / copy them to the internal HDD. This can be compared to what multiMAN does with games that have big files (> 4GB)

I been spending time with family these days, but I been able to get some extra time to work on PS2 Classics Manager v1.01 as well , here you have a small list of additions (read previous Progress reports on other pages to see what else is coming):
    • Added PS2 ISO encryption via PS2CM (had to port / modify ps2classic code to be compiled on PS3).
    • Ported / updated my own LIMG patcher code and it will properly check, patch or append the LIMG data segment to the PS2 ISO as needed (If LIMG segment is already found, the module will overwrite it to ensure it is correct). This module will properly handle both "ISO9660 / MODE1 / 2048" and "ISO9660 / MODE2 / FORM1 / 2352".
    • Added progress bar display for PS2 ISO encryption module.

Note: Decryption of ISO.BIN.ENC will be added as a cosmetic feature at later point, it still need to be tested. VME decryption / encryption will be verified / added later as well, it could be really useful for other features

Note 2: I haven't done a release yet, because I want to make sure everything is working fine, and I want to do a very complete release, so that I can work in cosmetic features for later updates.

Just tested the PS2 ISO encryption module with Final Fantasy X [US] [4.19 GB] and the converted ISO.BIN.ENC booted just fine from the PS2 Classic Placeholder.

PS2CM Progress Report: Before going to sleep I did one more thing
    • Added / verified VME (Memory Cards) decryption module to PS2CM, the resulting VMC (VM2) was tested on the XMB by doing a quick "trick" to fool the system and use my card, and I can see the saved data, icons and information properly.

This will be really useful in PS2CM because each time you set a game active in the PS2 Classics Placeholder, the selected VME for Slot 1 and Slot 2 will get decrypted as VM2 and copied to /dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc/SLOT1.VM2 and /dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc/SLOT2.VM2

Then after being brought back to XMB you will be able to check out your saved data by going to Game->Memory Card Utility (there is a little quick "trick" involved but I will give more details later). SeeYa!

For the PS2 Title ID code: If you use this code, the only thing I require is that you mention me as a form of gratitude and that you always release it to the public so others can make use of it as well, I wrote the code from scratch. Performance of this module should be very nice.
    Code:
    // PS2 Classics Manager v1.01 - PS2 Title ID Module [CaptainCPS-X, 2013]
    #define SAFE_FREE(x)	\
    	if(x) {	free(x); *&x = NULL; }

char* GetPS2ISOTitleID(char *szISO)
    {
    	int fd = open(szISO, O_RDONLY);

if(fd != -1)
    	{
    		uint64_t nSectorSize = 0x800;
    		uint64_t nSectorHeader = 0;
    		uint64_t nOffset = ((nSectorSize * 16) + nSectorHeader);

// CD001
    		uint64_t nStdIDOffset = 1;
    		lseek(fd, nOffset + nStdIDOffset, SEEK_SET);

unsigned char *std_id = NULL;
    		std_id = (unsigned char*)malloc(5);
    		memset(std_id, 0, 5);

read(fd, std_id, 5);

unsigned char _std_id[5] = {'C','D','0','0','1'};

bool bSupportedISO = false;

if(memcmp(std_id, _std_id, 5) == 0) 
    		{
    			//printf("Supported ISO: ISO9660 / MODE1 / 2048 \n");
    			bSupportedISO = true;
    		} else {

// Try 0x930 sector size
    			nSectorSize = 0x930;
    			nSectorHeader = 0x18;
    			nOffset = ((nSectorSize * 16) + nSectorHeader);
    			lseek(fd, nOffset + nStdIDOffset, SEEK_SET);

read(fd, std_id, 5);

if(memcmp(std_id, _std_id, 5) == 0) {
    				//printf("Supported ISO: ISO9660 / MODE2 / FORM1 / 2352 \n");
    				bSupportedISO = true;
    			}
    		}

if(!bSupportedISO) {
    			//printf("Error: The ISO / BIN is not supported \n");
    			SAFE_FREE(std_id)
    			return NULL;
    		}

// ROOT DR
    		uint64_t nRootDRLocOffset = 0x9E;

lseek(fd, nOffset + nRootDRLocOffset, SEEK_SET);

unsigned char *root_dr_sector = NULL;
    		root_dr_sector = (unsigned char*)malloc(8);
    		memset(root_dr_sector, 0, 8);		

read(fd, root_dr_sector, 8);

char szRootDROffset[64] = { 0 }; // BE
    		sprintf(szRootDROffset, "%02X%02X%02X%02X", root_dr_sector[4], root_dr_sector[5], root_dr_sector[6], root_dr_sector[7]);

uint64_t nRootDROffset = 0;
    		sscanf(szRootDROffset, "%08X", &nRootDROffset);

nRootDROffset = nRootDROffset * nSectorSize;

//printf("Root Directory Record Offset: 0x%08X \n", nRootDROffset);

// FIND SYSTEM.CNF

lseek(fd, nRootDROffset, SEEK_SET);

unsigned char *sys_cnf = NULL;
    		sys_cnf = (unsigned char*)malloc(strlen("SYSTEM.CNF"));	

uint64_t nPos = 0;
    		unsigned char _sys_cnf[10] = { 'S','Y','S','T','E','M','.','C','N','F' };
    		bool bFoundSysCnf = false;
    		while(nPos < nSectorSize) 
    		{
    			memset(sys_cnf, 0, 10);				
    			read(fd, sys_cnf, 10);

if(memcmp(sys_cnf, _sys_cnf, 10) == 0)
    			{
    				//printf("SYSTEM.CFN file record found at pos: 0x%03X \n", nPos);
    				bFoundSysCnf = true;
    				break;
    			}
    			nPos++;
    			lseek(fd, nRootDROffset + nPos, SEEK_SET);
    		}

if(!bFoundSysCnf) 
    		{
    			//printf("Error: Couldn't find SYSTEM.CNF entry on the specified sector.\n");			
    			SAFE_FREE(root_dr_sector)
    			SAFE_FREE(sys_cnf)
    			close(fd);
    			*&fd = NULL;
    		} else {
    			// SYSTEM.CNF Extent Location (Data location)
    			uint64_t nDataOffset = (nRootDROffset + nPos) - 0x1F;

unsigned char *extent_loc = NULL;
    			extent_loc = (unsigned char*)malloc(8);
    			memset(extent_loc, 0, 8);

lseek(fd, nDataOffset, SEEK_SET);

read(fd, extent_loc, 8);

char szExtentOffset[64] = { 0 }; // BE
    			sprintf(szExtentOffset, "%02X%02X%02X%02X", extent_loc[4], extent_loc[5], extent_loc[6], extent_loc[7]);

uint64_t nExtentOffset = 0;
    			sscanf(szExtentOffset, "%08X", &nExtentOffset);

nExtentOffset = nExtentOffset * nSectorSize;
    			//printf("SYSTEM.CFN Extent / data Offset: 0x%08X \n", nExtentOffset);

// Data length(size)
    			uint64_t nDataLenOffset = (nRootDROffset + nPos) - 0x17;

unsigned char *data_len = NULL;
    			data_len = (unsigned char*)malloc(8);
    			memset(data_len, 0, 8);

lseek(fd, nDataLenOffset, SEEK_SET);

read(fd, data_len, 8);

char szDataLen[64] = { 0 }; // BE
    			sprintf(szDataLen, "%02X%02X%02X%02X", data_len[4], data_len[5], data_len[6], data_len[7]);

uint64_t nDataLen = 0;
    			sscanf(szDataLen, "%08X", &nDataLen);

//printf("SYSTEM.CFN Data Length: 0x%08X \n", nDataLen);

char *system_cnf_data = NULL;
    			system_cnf_data = (char*)malloc(nDataLen+1);
    			memset(system_cnf_data, 0, nDataLen+1);

lseek(fd, nExtentOffset + nSectorHeader, SEEK_SET);

read(fd, system_cnf_data, nDataLen);

// Finally, get Title ID...
    			char *p1 = strstr(system_cnf_data, "cdrom0:\\");
    			char *p2 = strrchr(system_cnf_data, ';');

system_cnf_data[p2-system_cnf_data] = 0;

uint32_t nLen = strlen(system_cnf_data+(p1-system_cnf_data)+strlen("cdrom0:\\"));

char *pszTitleID = NULL;
    			pszTitleID = (char*)malloc(nLen+1);
    			memset(pszTitleID, 0, nLen+1); 

memcpy(pszTitleID, system_cnf_data+(p1-system_cnf_data)+strlen("cdrom0:\\"), nLen); 

//printf("PS2 TITLE ID: (%s) \n", pszTitleID);
    			//printf("PS2 TITLE: %s \n", GetPS2Title(pszTitleID));

SAFE_FREE(sys_cnf)
    			SAFE_FREE(extent_loc)
    			SAFE_FREE(data_len)
    			SAFE_FREE(system_cnf_data)

close(fd);
    			*&fd = NULL;

return pszTitleID;
    		}
    	}
    	return NULL;
    }
    Updated code to run properly on PS3, the previous one was tested on a PC console app, use this one to have no problems. Replaced "sscanf()" with "strtoull()".
    Code:
    // PS2 Classics Manager v1.01 - PS2 Title ID Module [CaptainCPS-X, 2013]
    #define SAFE_FREE(x)	\
    	if(x) {	free(x); *&x = NULL; }

char* GetPS2ISOTitleID(char *szISO)
    {
    	printf("-- GetPS2ISOTitleID(char *szISO) --");

int fd = open(szISO, O_RDONLY);

if(fd != -1)
    	{
    		uint64_t nSectorSize = 0x800;
    		uint64_t nSectorHeader = 0;
    		uint64_t nOffset = ((nSectorSize * 16) + nSectorHeader);

// CD001
    		uint64_t nStdIDOffset = 1;
    		lseek64(fd, nOffset + nStdIDOffset, SEEK_SET);

unsigned char *std_id = NULL;
    		std_id = (unsigned char*)malloc(5);
    		memset(std_id, 0, 5);

read(fd, std_id, 5);

unsigned char _std_id[5] = {'C','D','0','0','1'};

bool bSupportedISO = false;

if(memcmp(std_id, _std_id, 5) == 0) 
    		{
    			printf("Supported ISO: ISO9660 / MODE1 / 2048 \n");
    			bSupportedISO = true;
    		} else {

// Try 0x930 sector size
    			nSectorSize = 0x930;
    			nSectorHeader = 0x18;
    			nOffset = ((nSectorSize * 16) + nSectorHeader);
    			lseek64(fd, nOffset + nStdIDOffset, SEEK_SET);

read(fd, std_id, 5);

if(memcmp(std_id, _std_id, 5) == 0) {
    				printf("Supported ISO: ISO9660 / MODE2 / FORM1 / 2352 \n");
    				bSupportedISO = true;
    			}
    		}

if(!bSupportedISO) {
    			printf("Error: The ISO / BIN is not supported \n");
    			SAFE_FREE(std_id)
    			return NULL;
    		}

// ROOT DR
    		uint64_t nRootDRLocOffset = 0x9E;

lseek64(fd, nOffset + nRootDRLocOffset, SEEK_SET);

unsigned char *root_dr_sector = NULL;
    		root_dr_sector = (unsigned char*)malloc(8);
    		memset(root_dr_sector, 0, 8);		

read(fd, root_dr_sector, 8);

char szRootDROffset[64] = { 0 }; // BE
    		sprintf(szRootDROffset, "%02X%02X%02X%02X", root_dr_sector[4], root_dr_sector[5], root_dr_sector[6], root_dr_sector[7]);

uint64_t nRootDROffset = 0;
    		char *end;
    		nRootDROffset = strtoull(szRootDROffset, &end, 16);

nRootDROffset = nRootDROffset * nSectorSize;

printf("Root Directory Record Offset: 0x%08X \n", nRootDROffset);

// FIND SYSTEM.CNF

lseek64(fd, nRootDROffset, SEEK_SET);

unsigned char *sys_cnf = NULL;
    		sys_cnf = (unsigned char*)malloc(strlen("SYSTEM.CNF"));	

uint64_t nPos = 0;
    		unsigned char _sys_cnf[10] = { 'S','Y','S','T','E','M','.','C','N','F' };
    		bool bFoundSysCnf = false;
    		while(nPos < nSectorSize) 
    		{
    			memset(sys_cnf, 0, 10);				
    			read(fd, sys_cnf, 10);

if(memcmp(sys_cnf, _sys_cnf, 10) == 0)
    			{
    				printf("SYSTEM.CFN file record found at pos: 0x%03X \n", nPos);
    				bFoundSysCnf = true;
    				break;
    			}
    			nPos++;
    			lseek64(fd, nRootDROffset + nPos, SEEK_SET);
    		}

if(!bFoundSysCnf) 
    		{
    			printf("Error: Couldn't find SYSTEM.CNF entry on the specified sector.\n");			
    			SAFE_FREE(sys_cnf)
    			close(fd);
    			*&fd = NULL;
    		} else {
    			// SYSTEM.CNF Extent Location (Data location)
    			uint64_t nDataOffset = (nRootDROffset + nPos) - 0x1F;

unsigned char *extent_loc = NULL;
    			extent_loc = (unsigned char*)malloc(8);
    			memset(extent_loc, 0, 8);

lseek64(fd, nDataOffset, SEEK_SET);

read(fd, extent_loc, 8);

char szExtentOffset[64] = { 0 }; // BE
    			sprintf(szExtentOffset, "%02X%02X%02X%02X", extent_loc[4], extent_loc[5], extent_loc[6], extent_loc[7]);

uint64_t nExtentOffset = 0;
    			nExtentOffset = strtoull(szExtentOffset, &end, 16);

nExtentOffset = nExtentOffset * nSectorSize;
    			printf("SYSTEM.CFN Extent / data Offset: 0x%08X \n", nExtentOffset);

// Data length(size)
    			uint64_t nDataLenOffset = (nRootDROffset + nPos) - 0x17;

unsigned char *data_len = NULL;
    			data_len = (unsigned char*)malloc(8);
    			memset(data_len, 0, 8);

lseek64(fd, nDataLenOffset, SEEK_SET);

read(fd, data_len, 8);

char szDataLen[64] = { 0 }; // BE
    			sprintf(szDataLen, "%02X%02X%02X%02X", data_len[4], data_len[5], data_len[6], data_len[7]);

uint64_t nDataLen = 0;
    			nDataLen = strtoull(szDataLen, &end, 16);

printf("SYSTEM.CFN Data Length: 0x%08X \n", nDataLen);

char *system_cnf_data = NULL;
    			system_cnf_data = (char*)malloc(nDataLen+1);
    			memset(system_cnf_data, 0, nDataLen+1);

lseek64(fd, nExtentOffset + nSectorHeader, SEEK_SET);

read(fd, system_cnf_data, nDataLen);

// Finally, get Title ID...
    			char *p1 = strstr(system_cnf_data, "cdrom0:\\");
    			char *p2 = strrchr(system_cnf_data, ';');

system_cnf_data[p2-system_cnf_data] = 0;

uint32_t nLen = strlen(system_cnf_data+(p1-system_cnf_data)+strlen("cdrom0:\\"));

char *pszTitleID = NULL;
    			pszTitleID = (char*)malloc(nLen+1);
    			memset(pszTitleID, 0, nLen+1); 

memcpy(pszTitleID, system_cnf_data+(p1-system_cnf_data)+strlen("cdrom0:\\"), nLen); 

printf("PS2 TITLE ID: (%s) \n", pszTitleID);
    			printf("PS2 TITLE: %s \n", GetPS2Title(pszTitleID));

SAFE_FREE(sys_cnf)
    			SAFE_FREE(extent_loc)
    			SAFE_FREE(data_len)
    			SAFE_FREE(system_cnf_data)

close(fd);
    			*&fd = NULL;

return pszTitleID;
    		}
    	}
    	return NULL;
    }
    PS2CM v1.01 Work in Progress Report

Almost done with the final features I mentioned yesterday. Right now I finished adding these:

Technical Note: When encrypting PS2 ISO / BIN with PS2CM, it will not append zeroes at the end of the image to make it multiple of 16384 bytes. I have done multiple tests and the resulting encrypted ISOs are working just fine without doing so. In case someone finds trouble because of this then I will gladly implement it. In fact I will add a option at CONFIG.CFG in the future to allow users to choose or not to do this.
    • Removed RELOAD.SELF from release PKG, since launching from multiMAN is causing file permission / access problems, these are not related to my application.
    • Added feature to Filter Encrypted / Decrypted (ISO / BIN) on the Game List for organization purposes. To switch filters press L1 / R1 while on the Game List.
    • Added Extended Menu on the Game List, accessible by pressing the Triangle button, this avoids having to assign buttons to every single action. This menu will be useful for future features.
    • Added a Prompt for users when making an external game active, it will ask if they want to import the game internally, or just set it in the Placeholder temporally. When the game is imported you will be automatically taken back to XMB so you can run the Placeholder.

Here you have some screenshots with the changes (Thanks to bubba for the covers , there you see one in action, very nice quality).

PS: I am trying to make the release for tomorrow (Friday), but everything will depend on the time it takes me to add the module to handle Split games. And obviously I will need to take some time to test all features before I make the final release, just to make sure I didn't miss anything important.

From Opium2k comes some PS2 Classics Manager themes stating the following: I think this is the 12th PS3 homebrew application I've brought my tachyon theme to (it would have been lucky 13 but I've misplaced some files) Not exactly a new, original theme but my time was limited and I felt like taking a break from what I was doing to check out the new app from CaptainCPS-X I might make some more themes for this, I might not. I won't make any guarantees.

I've tested it on 3.55. Feel free to try it on 4.xx and let me know if it works. As you can see , I don't have any PS2 games installed. Partly because I'm lazy, partly because I find making themes for apps more fun than actually using them lol. If anyone who actually has some games would be willing to post a screenshot or 2 of the program it would be appreciated.

PS2 Classics Manager Theme PS2-blue - 1.00: This one didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to but after endlessly adjusting the blue coloring on the text, I've decided it's good enough. I was going to add the ps2 boot sound when the icon is highlighted (SND0.AT3) but I completely forgot until just now so I guess I'll leave that until next time.

Download: https://opium2k-2.googlecode.com/files/PS2-tachyon.pkg / https://opium2k-2.googlecode.com/files/PS2-blue.pkg

Finally, from acab comes the following brief guide: How to Play PS2 Games Installed to External USB Device

Here is what i did to play a ps2 game from an external usb device:

1) Update MM to the latest build
    2) Download and install gamedata5 via MM
    3) Download and install react psn (or use aldos tools rap2rif to activate your raps)
    4) For react psn create a folder called "exdata" in the root dir of a fat32 usb device and put the rap file in there
    5) Create a user profile called "aa" and execute react psn from there, while keeping X button pressed ..
    5a) If you already converted your rap files to rif just copy them to the exdata folder of your user profile (devhdd0/home/user/00000000..X/exdata)
    6) Now execute gamedata5 to get into [usb] mode and install the ps2 game pkg via "install package files"
    7) Now start the game in [usb] mode from xmb (playstation 2 folder)
    8) profit xxx

Tested with dirt track devils and a few other games.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

PS2 Classics Manager v1.01 Themes by Opium2k

Below are some PS2 Classics Manager v1.01 Themes by opium2k for those interested! Theme available in these colors:
    • RED
    • ORANGE
    • YELLOW
    • GREEN
    • BLUE
    • PURPLE
    • BLACK
    • GREY

Image Album: imgur.com/a/PWIMt

Download: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/J...emes.rar_links

To quote (via psx-scene.com/forums/content/opium2k-3211/): I was going to wait for the next version of PS2 Classics Manager before I posted this one but it looks like it's going to have more changes than I expected so I'm posting them now in case it takes me a while to update them.

Just a heads up, some of them might be hard to read if you have high brightness on your TV, especially the yellow and green ones. I've requested that CaptainCPS-X add the ability to change font colors in the next version so I'll be able to make them easier to read next time (thanks Captain).

This one didn't turn out quite the way I wanted it to but after endlessly adjusting the blue coloring on the text, I've decided it's good enough. I was going to add the ps2 boot sound when the icon is highlighted (SND0.AT3) but I completely forgot until just now so I guess I'll leave that until next time.

I think this is the 12th PS3 homebrew application I've brought my tachyon theme to (it would have been lucky 13 but I've misplaced some files) Not exactly a new, original theme but my time was limited and I felt like taking a break from what I was doing to check out the new app from CaptainCPS-X. I might make some more themes for this, I might not. I won't make any guarantees.

I've tested it on 3.55. Feel free to try it on 4.xx and let me know if it works. As you can see below, I don't have any PS2 games installed. Partly because I'm on 3.55 so I can't run them, partly because I find making themes for apps more fun than actually using them lol. If anyone who actually has some games would be willing to post a screenshot or 2 of the program it would be appreciated.

Note: PS2 Classic's only work on 4.xx CFW (Rebug 4.21 must upgrade to 4.21.2 +)

Also below is PS2 Classic Manager v1.01 Beta with the changelog, as follows:

Download: PS2_CLASSIC_MANAGER_1.01_[20130406]_CEX4XX_BETA.rar (24 MB) / [SRC]_PS2_CLASSIC_MANAGER_1.01_[20130406]_CEX4XX_BETA.rar (11 MB)

Change Log for PS2CM v1.01 (April 6, 2013)

Note: The Content ID check for ISO.BIN.ENC files was not implemented as indicated in this change log, but will come in future builds.

PS2CM v1.01 (April 6, 2013)
    • Added Game Delete module, accessible through the new Extended Game List menu.
    • Added support for External Split game Copy / Import (.ISO / .BIN / .ENC) to internal drive.
    • Added feature to Filter Encrypted / Decrypted (ISO / BIN) on the Game List for organization purposes. To switch filters press L1 / R1 while on the Game List.
    • Added Extended Menu on the Game List, accessible by pressing the button, this avoids having to assign buttons to every single action. This menu will be useful for future features .
    • Added a Prompt for users when making an external game active, it will ask if they want to import the game internally, or just set it in the Placeholder temporally. When the game is imported you will be automatically taken back to XMB so you can run the Placeholder.
    • Added control-flag as recommended by Deank to RELOAD.SELF build process, this should solve file permission / access problems.
    • Added Memory Card slot selector module to assign any Memory Card at "/dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/SAVEDATA" as SLOT 1 and SLOT 2. They can have any name you like, for example: "Final_Fantasy_X.VME".
    • Added module to use optional custom PIC0.PNG and PIC1.PNG if they are provided by user on each game directory.
    • Updated covers module to look for covers named as "SLUS_000.00.PNG", "SLUS-00000.PNG" and "SLUS_000.00_COV.PNG", if you named them in any of those formats, they will be recognized and displayed.
    • Added code to look for .ISO / .BIN files while scanning (/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO) (/dev_usb00x/PS2ISO) and list them on the Game List.
    • Added code to encrypt .ISO / .BIN files from PS2ISO directory and automatically create the proper directory structure.
    • Added module to acquire PS2 Game Titles from the database distributed with aldostools ps3tools (ps2titleid.txt), thanks to aldostools for the database.
    • Added code to get proper Game Title ID from .ISO / .BIN (SYSTEM.CNF), this is used when encrypting and when listing games.
    • Added module to acquire Title ID from encrypted directory names (ex. "[SLUS_000.00] GAME TITLE", Title ID is "SLUS_000.00")
    • Modified PS2 game Cover handling code to use the new Title ID modules, covers should be named as in: "SLUS_203.12_COV.PNG".
    • Covers are now located at "/dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/COVERS".
    • Added auto-export module that will convert and make both selected SLOT 1 and SLOT 2 VMEs available on XMB's Memory Card Utility (You need to have 2 memory cards on XMB called MC1 and MC2 for this to work).
    • Added / verified VME (Memory Cards) decryption module to PS2CM, the resulting VMC (VM2) was tested on the XMB and worked fine.

Note: By adding auto-export VME feature, the selected VME for SLOT 1 and SLOT 2 will get decrypted as VM2 and copied to /dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc/SLOT1.VM2 and /dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc/SLOT2.VM2 each time you set a game active in the PS2 Classics Placeholder. After being brought back to XMB you will be able to check out your saved data by going to Game->Memory Card Utility.
    • Added PS2 ISO encryption via PS2CM (had to port / modify ps2classic code to be compiled on PS3).
    • Ported / updated my own LIMG patcher code and it will properly check, patch or append the LIMG data segment to the PS2 ISO as needed (If LIMG segment is already found, the module will overwrite it to ensure it is correct). This module will properly handle both "ISO9660 / MODE1 / 2048" and "ISO9660 / MODE2 / FORM1 / 2352".
    • Added progress bar display for PS2 ISO encryption module.
    • Added check for correct PS2 Classics Placeholder Content ID on any selected game ISO.BIN.ENC, this will avoid the use of incorrectly encrypted / converted games.
    • Added support for External games at /dev_usb00x/PS2ISO/ ( smaller than 4GB for now )
    • Added feature to import / copy external PS2 games to /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/ ( smaller than 4GB for now )
    • Added free space check when copying games from external USB Storage Device
    • Added display of free internal HDD space on top of game list
    • Added module to make backups of VME (Memory Cards) to "/dev_hdd0/PS2VME_BKP/" on PS2CM boot and exit for security purposes.
    • VME files will be now linked and not copied to system directory, because of this, save data will be always in synch.
    • Implemented several checks when launching PS2CM:
    • Verify if user have created MC1 and MC2 on the XMB for the Memory Card auto-export feature.
    • Verify if /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO directory needs to be created for External game import / copy.
    • Verify if there is a Last Active game with missing files at PS2 Classics Placeholder directory.
    • Remove PS2 Classics Placeholder System memory cards when there is no game Active in it.
    • Games just need to have "ISO.BIN.ENC" at their respective directory structure (/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[GAME_ID] GAME_TITLE/...).

Setting up PS2 Classics Manager v1.01

CLEAN UP

Before you install this release of PS2 Classics Manager, make a backup of any Memory Card data, Covers or anything you stored in PS2 Classics Placeholder directory or PS2 Classics Manager directory.

INSTALL

After doing that, you should remove / uninstall them from XMB both, just to make sure, and install PS2CM v1.01 and PS2 Classics Placeholder R3.

MEMORY CARDS

For the Automatic Export / Decryption of the active Memory Cards feature, you must navigate on the XMB to "Memory Card Utility" and create 2 Memory Cards called "MC1" and "MC2", without quotes.

Every time you run PS2CM memory cards should automatically be copied as backup to "/dev_hdd0/PS2VME_BKP" for security reasons. And they will be automatically exported / decrypted as mentioned earlier.

To access data on the decrypted Memory Cards you just have to navigate to XMB -> Memory Card Utility, select MC1 or MC2 and change its icon to make the PS3 refresh the contents.

DIRECTORIES

PS2 ISO / BIN:

/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/GAME_NAME.ISO
    /dev_usb00x/PS2ISO/GAME_NAME.ISO

PS2 Classics ENC:

/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[GAME_ID] GAME_TITLE/ISO.BIN.ENC

Covers:

/dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/covers

Images should be PNG and have one of these formats:

SLUS_203.12.PNG
    SLUS-20312.PNG
    SLUS_203.12_COV.PNG

Memory Cards:

/dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME
    /dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME
    /dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/SAVEDATA/ANY_NAME_YOU_LIKE.VME
    /dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/SAVEDATA/...

Custom PIC0.PNG / PIC1.PNG for converted / encrypted games:

/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[GAME_ID] GAME_TITLE/PIC0.PNG
    /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[GAME_ID] GAME_TITLE/PIC1.PNG

COVERS / THEMES / COMPATIBILITY LIST / ETC

HQ COVERS

SkyDrive for PS2CM covers Gallery! I am currently uploading all covers images sent by bubba: skydrive.live.com/?cid=595F514B8B494F70&id=595F514B8B494F70!130

Thanks to bubba for uploading them , I will create mirrors later or some kind of gallery.

NTSC / U

# - download http://www.mediafire.com/?sdwpsdd955jztby / http://www.mediafire.com/?4tvw4sqcces5sbb (USA/PAL)
    A - download http://www.mediafire.com/?8h75tny5d9d093a
    B - download http://www.mediafire.com/?wyt1luzgq6j1shf
    C - download http://www.mediafire.com/?7zncg5sqzqlqirf
    D - download http://www.mediafire.com/?qdyf9v902u5tx4h
    E - download http://www.mediafire.com/?zr8edrs95c4svzh
    F - download (part 1) http://www.mediafire.com/?vagdvf0lf1c752c
    F - download (part 2) http://www.mediafire.com/?dzch62l1aytdgup
    G - download http://www.mediafire.com/?897x3ir9k35hgi0
    H - download http://www.mediafire.com/?3mpcyc90p0av9iv
    I - download http://www.mediafire.com/?dzch62l1aytdgup
    J - download http://www.mediafire.com/?dlcy8nm1vr4fh3r
    K - download http://www.sendspace.com/file/gaof14
    L - download http://www.mediafire.com/?8wl23ocno21nwsz
    M - download (Part 1) http://www.mediafire.com/?jsek1ld6oymj2tr
    M - download (Part 2) http://www.mediafire.com/?9xlm96d5fhcza83
    N - download http://www.mediafire.com/?4s4q4khx1bv706d
    O -download http://www.mediafire.com/?hyvd85nsho7vh72
    P - download http://www.mediafire.com/?ar537r89ck16xv2
    Q - download http://www.mediafire.com/?imr9t5qrv0v2paa
    R - download http://www.mediafire.com/?7hnfh1cmy36w3gk
    S - download http://www.mediafire.com/?ew8ddedctokuzh2
    T - download http://www.mediafire.com/?bvwq05z6pwca8gf
    U - download http://www.mediafire.com/?a6rs7witn818nys
    V - download http://www.mediafire.com/?3y78o5e4ot7c3ua
    W -download http://www.mediafire.com/?a0yte11hl77lf9j
    X - download http://www.mediafire.com/?u1bpjlpufiiw7li
    Y & Z - download http://www.mediafire.com/?0bdaz75ob0eyqgy

THEMES

Thanks to opium2k for the amazing themes he is making for PS2CM, I love them and hope to see more coming!

COMPATIBILITY LIST

Thanks to szczuru and gingerbread, and users involved in this PS2 Classics compatibility list

tinyurl.com/PS2toPS3list

Thanks to (In no specific order):

flatz , IngPereira , LoOzers, aldostools , baargle , fail0verfl0w, Graf _chokolo, and everybody else involved in the ps2classic dev stuff.

Special Thanks:

bubba (for all the lovely HQ covers), gingerbread (for your support and recommendations), opium2k (for the great alternative themes), harryoke (for Beta Testing and support) And thanks to everybody else who has showed me their support and appreciation to this free, open and humble project.

F.A.Q - Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What CFW (CUSTOM FIRMWARE) do I need to use PS2 Classics Manager + PS2 Classics Placeholder ?

A: Rogero CFW 4.40 v1.03 (I use this one) or Rebug 4.21.2+

Q: Do I need to activate PS2 Classics Placeholder with reActPSN ?

A: Yes, go here for more info: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post452886 and also http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...n-gui-arrives/

Q: Will PS2CM v1.01 allow playing games directly from external USB ?

A: No, the encrypted games must be copied internally, so they can be linked to the Placeholder installation directory.

Q: My cover and directory structure are named correctly but PS2CM won't find the proper ID for my game, what happened?

A: Probably the game is not on "ps2titleid.txt", you can edit this file on "/dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/ps2titleid.txt", or you can post your game ID so I can include it on the next update.

Q: When will you release next version ?

A: I will probably use weekends to release updates, since I have university from Monday to Thursday. SeeYa!

PS2 Classics Manager v1.02 CFW 4.XX (Update) is Released

PS2 Classics Manager v1.02 CFW 4.XX (Update) is now released by CaptainCPS-X with the changes below, as follows:

Download: PS2_CLASSIC_MANAGER_1.02_[20130411]_CEX4XX_UPD.rar (3 MB) / PS2_CLASSIC_MANAGER_1.01_[20130406]_CEX4XX_BETA.rar (23.8 MB) / [SRC]_PS2_CLASSIC_MANAGER_1.02_[20130411]_CEX4XX_UPD.rar (12.4 MB) / [SRC]_PS2_CLASSIC_MANAGER_1.01_[20130406]_CEX4XX_BETA.rar (10.9 MB)

Note: You need to have v1.01 (BASE) installed before installing v1.02 (UPD).

Changelog for v1.02: PS2 Classics Manager v1.02 (April 11, 2013)(CFW 4.XX)(Update)

Notes:
    • Before updating you need to have PS2CM v1.01 installed.
    • This is mostly a bug fix release, please let me know if you find more.
    • More features will come for future updates (Ex. Themes, Auto Import+Encrypt, etc...)

Changelog:

PS2CM v1.02 (April 11, 2013)
    • Added shadow effect to all displayed text, this will allow opium2k and others to design clear themes for PS2CM.
    • Fixed reported issues with Memory Cards.
    • Fixed a problem when assigning Memory Cards, if both slots were deactivated it would make PS2CM freeze.
    • Fixed small bug on the Title ID parsing code, only affected titles that had "[" and "]" characters at the end.
    • Added some missing titles to the "ps2titleid.txt" database, thanks to those who reported them.

Thanks bubba for your collaboration with covers, I updated the main thread with the latest links, I will upload "M" pack #2 soon to the SkyDrive (skydrive.live.com/#cid=595F514B8B494F70&id=595F514B8B494F70!130), when I have the complete collection I will start making the PKGs and upload them so people can easily install them on their PS3.

PS: Going to bed, sorry for the quick post , will come tomorrow to give more feedback on this release and check for any bug reports. SeeYa!

PS2 & PSP Minis Manager v1.03 by CaptainCPS-X

Below are some updated details on PS2 & PSP Minis Manager v1.03 by CaptainCPS-X, as follows:

Here you have some more images and details of what's coming.

Details: For next release and all future releases, PS2 Classics Manager will be called PS2 & PSP Minis Manager v1.03

PSP Minis Manager:

On this section of the application you will be able to see a list of all your converted PSP Minis games.

Objective: Be able to switch between PSP Minis games easily without having the XMB filled with them.

Future: In the future I will implement modules to convert the PSP ISOs to EBOOT.PBP and create ISO.BIN / MINIS.BIN, these last 2 must be converted / encrypted to EDAT on PC, since I don't have any C/C++ solution for this, maybe some other nice dev could collaborate later .

The games will be located on:

/dev_hdd0/PSPMINIS/
    /dev_usb00x/PSPMINIS/

Example game directory structure, items marked on "bold" are mandatory, others are optional:

/dev_hdd0/PSPMINIS/[ULUS-10336] Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII/

SND0.AT3
    ISO.BIN.EDAT
    MINIS.EDAT
    EBOOT.PBP
    ICON1.PMF
    ICON0.PNG
    PIC0.PNG
    PIC1.PNG

Encryption of ISO.BIN.EDAT / MINIS.EDAT: These files must be encrypted with the following specifications, using for example, EdatToolGUI.exe:
    • Content ID: PSPPS3-PSPP00000_00-0000000000000001
    • RAP: Zero-Filled (16 bytes)
    • Type: 00
    • Version: 02
    • Flags: 0c

More details later

PS: aldostools , what you think about this? I will appreciate your feedback and any recommendation you could have , thanks! SeeYa!

Progress Report: Here you have 2 more pictures, this time screenshots.

PSP Minis Gamelist (Title module uses titleid.txt from aldostools 's ps3tools):

As a interesting note, I had saves from FFVII Crisis Core, and when I set as active Angry Birds, it didn't want to save, but as soon as I deleted the FFVII Crisis Core saves from the XMB, Angry birds saves worked, LOL. Handling this kind of issues should be easy, by separating each game saves.

Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy (USA), is not working for some reason, I am investigating, this one requires a very high PSP FW.

Interesting, tried to load Dissidia 012 Duodecim on JPCPS, and it displayed a message about the ISO being encrypted, FFVII CC didn't had such message, it loaded fine. SeeYa!

ps2 covers

I just can't get my cover to show. I have converted the game GoldenEye - Rogue Agent and put the the file en a folder call [SLUS21064] GoldenEye Rogue Agent the game runs just fine.

I have try and put my game conner in [SLUS21064] GoldenEye Rogue Agent and named it

COVER_FULL.PNG not working
    PIC0.PNG not working

And i have try and put it /dev_hdd0/game/PS2L00123/USRDIR/covers
    SLUS_210.64.PNG

still no cover ?? I have add the cover

will this work on cfw 3.55 ?

i need to play god hand on my ps3. if this doesn't work on cfw 3.55 is there is any other way?
    Last edited by shery21; 08-21-2013 at 05:55 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost