Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, it might not be 100% true for them all. I guess there are a couple that embrace the opensource scene. But the majority want to make all their stuff proprietary, and then rely on copying everyone else when new payloads and such are created.

They should just really tell you what chip it has, what size flash, and use the already existing tools out there to program them. This way the end user wouldn't be dependent on them for software. The only thing these companies are making money on is selling the hardware.. so just sell it, and leave it open.

Doesn't really matter to me much though. I already have my 3 different usb dev boards (tensy 2.0, AT90USBKEY, and sparkfun avr stick)... all of which are open for the end user to do whatever they want with them.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, it might not be 100 percent true for them all. I guess there are a couple that embrace the opensource scene. But the majority want to make all their stuff proprietary, and then rely on copying everyone else when new payloads and such are created.

They should just really tell you what chip it has, what size flash, and use the already existing tools out there to program them. This way the end user wouldn't be dependent on them for software. The only thing these companies are making money on is selling the hardware.. so just sell it, and leave it open.

Doesn't really matter to me much though. I already have my 3 different usb dev boards (tensy 2.0, AT90USBKEY, and sparkfun avr stick)... all of which are open for the end user to do whatever they want with them.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just the same thing. and will be banned soon like the other clones, I guess.

Not bad, but I hope they don't bring out more dongles. It divides the market, and the less people have a certain dongle, the less attentions goes towards it and the less support can be provided....

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News