Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS JailBreak Warns of Clone PS3 ModChips, Offers Dealer Listing

Sponsored Links
    This weekend the official PS JailBreak site (linked above) has resurfaced after being down with a warning to avoid clone PS3 ModChips, and they have provided an Authorized Dealer List to help potential buyers purchase their PS JailBreak.

According to their banner, imitators and cheap Chinese knockoffs are already a threat to their PS JailBreak sales.

While we won't condone purchasing a PS JailBreak PS3 ModChip (official or clone) as we feel waiting a few weeks for a FREE PS3 scene solution is the smarter way to go, below is their list of current resellers around the globe for those interested along with the official distribution pricing.

It's interesting to note they intend to remove any reseller who sells below the guidelines provided. Additionally, [Register or Login to view links] reports that Dave at promods.com.au confirmed this price fixing and went on to state the minimum order is $22,000.00.

Australia
    OZ Mods - [Register or Login to view links]
    Quantronics - [Register or Login to view links]
    Modsupplier - [Register or Login to view links]

Canada
    Modchip Central - [Register or Login to view links]
    Canada Mods - [Register or Login to view links]
    Foundmy - [Register or Login to view links]

France
    Fox Chip - [Register or Login to view links]
    Arcalide - [Register or Login to view links]
    Siliteo - [Register or Login to view links]

Germany
    Bluebytestore - [Register or Login to view links]

Netherlands
    Console Pro - [Register or Login to view links]
    ConsoleService - [Register or Login to view links]
    Dynamodz - [Register or Login to view links]

Spain
    Disco Azul - [Register or Login to view links]
    Chips Spain - [Register or Login to view links]
    Alechip - [Register or Login to view links]
    Todo Consolas - [Register or Login to view links]
    Sat Kit - [Register or Login to view links]

Sweden
    Manzzon - [Register or Login to view links]
    Rejoy - [Register or Login to view links]
    Wechip - [Register or Login to view links]

USA
    Shop PS Jailbreak - [Register or Login to view links]

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

psjb.jpg  

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    C'mon why do they always ignore us 3rd world guys!! Then they ask us not to be cheap chinese knockoffs...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well i can say that if you have never bought from DiscoAzul or chipspain, they are trustworthy, i have bought several items from them, and have nothing bad to say about them so if you want to add this to your initial post go ahead devinger.

The reason the UK doesn't have one is the new ruling that came out a few years ago that modchips are illegal.

Hoping to make my own soon anyway when the thing gets broken down and RE'd

What amazes me is that every country has at least three resellers. But the US only has one? Kinda strange, even the tiny country I live in has 3. And i found some more local ones that claim to be getting a shipment in, in that are not on the list. I think there are more of those than the "official" ones. But I played it safe and pre-ordered one at an official reseller. €130 is pretty expensive but why not.

I don't think the dongle is something you can easily recreate at home with a normal usb flash drive or something, so I'm not that worried a free solution will turn up anytime soon.

Caution! Don't trust the US store!

Quote Originally Posted by b4rtsimps0n View Post
    What amazes me is that every country has at least three resellers. But the US only has one? Kinda strange, even the tiny country I live in has 3. And i found some more local ones that claim to be getting a shipment in, in that are not on the list. I think there are more of those than the "official" ones. But I played it safe and pre-ordered one at an official reseller. €130 is pretty expensive but why not.

I don't think the dongle is something you can easily recreate at home with a normal usb flash drive or something, so I'm not that worried a free solution will turn up anytime soon.
    I for one don't trust the US shop called "shoppsjailbreak.com". Take a close look at their site. Their logo is hastily made to say "Jaibreak" (missing L). I feel it is just someone phishing for personal information.

The thing that worries me most is the testimonials from 3 customers with photos. First of all, that implies that they have somehow shipped a big quantity of the dongles already, which I find hard to believe since most other sites don't even have their first shipment yet.

Second of all, if you buy things from a modchip store, would you give them your real picture, real names and some testimonials like that?

I would say stay away from the US store at least.

On a personal note, many people claim discoazul is great, but from personal experience, they shipped me faulty merchandise, and it took forever to reach here. I for one would wait for dealextreme to mass produce these, or until the devs come up with the hardware list, soldering and flashing process. In that case, I would just do it myself.

Its a Reg USB with a E-Tak ground the pulses at a very high speed when the eject button is pressed all the needs to be done is have a dump of what's on it and we will have a 3.50$ end around so someone dump this for me and I will make one and a vid and show the world what's needed.

Banned User
    I'm sorry to tell you that the person who will give DH the dongle has lost it. He disassembly it and his brother threw it in the toilet. If you dont trust me see this:

Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

capture2b.jpg  

So soon there will be cheaper alternatives..

Quote Originally Posted by sananth View Post
    I for one don't trust the US shop called "shoppsjailbreak.com". Take a close look at their site. Their logo is hastily made to say "Jaibreak" (missing L). I feel it is just someone phishing for personal information.

The thing that worries me most is the testimonials from 3 customers with photos. First of all, that implies that they have somehow shipped a big quantity of the dongles already, which I find hard to believe since most other sites don't even have their first shipment yet.

Second of all, if you buy things from a modchip store, would you give them your real picture, real names and some testimonials like that?

I would say stay away from the US store at least.

On a personal note, many people claim discoazul is great, but from personal experience, they shipped me faulty merchandise, and it took forever to reach here. I for one would wait for dealextreme to mass produce these, or until the devs come up with the hardware list, soldering and flashing process. In that case, I would just do it myself.
    Yeah those testimonials are so obviously fake. Nobody has got it yet, just the ones that got samples from the guys who made it, so they couldn't have any customer stories.

And indeed nobody sends their photo and location for them to advertise with. That whole site just looks like any other scam site like those buy this and make thousands of dollars right from your homee! They just took a cheap website-template and quickly put something together.

I wish I had the skills to put something like that together, but even with the best tutorials, I would probably just end up burning the house down or something

Anyways, can't wait till it arrives and I can test it out.. Probably gonna have to swap my internal hdd, because my original 40gb hdd is full enough as it is.. Mostly with just game install files. After cleaning up recently I still only got 5 gb of free space.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News