Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS JailBreak Warns Buyers Not to Update Past 3.41 PS3 Firmware

Sponsored Links
    A few days back the PS JailBreak folks warned buyers about less expensive clone PS3 modchips, including the x3JailBreak and the PS3Key USB modchip, and today they sent out a wave of warning e-mails to those who pre-ordered the device not to update their PS3 Firmware beyond version 3.41 until it is confirmed safe to do so.

TQCast.com (linked above) confirms receiving one of these such e-mails, and reports it as containing the following notice, to quote:

"Just a friendly update email and some advice for you over the coming days and weeks.

While PS Jailbreak team have told us it should be possible to support future firmware versions on the PS3, it's is not guaranteed, they will need to access any newer firmwares than 3.41 and if needed release an update for the PS Jailbreak to support the newer firmwares.

So we wanted to give you all some advice that if a system update is released for the PS3 in the coming days or before you receive your PS Jailbreak which blocks system updates, we recommend that nobody update their PS3 for the time being.

If a PS3 system update newer than 3.41 is released you should keep an eye on the PS Jailbreak website for news on compatibility with the PS Jailbreak on the new firmware's. Only update your PS3 past 3.41 firmware if the PS Jailbreak team say that it's safe to do."

While this message seems like common sense to PS3 sceners, those new who pre-ordered a PS JailBreak chip and are not familiar with Sony's battle against piracy on the PSP may wish to take notice.

PS JailBreak Warns Buyers Not to Update Past 3.41 PS3 Firmware

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    well that went without saying..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    your PS Jailbreak which blocks system updates
    so it CAN block updates?!

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    Correct, it's listed in the PS JailBreak feature list from a few days back: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...soles-arrives/
    PS Jailbreak disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Correct, it's listed in the PS JailBreak feature list from a few days back: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...soles-arrives/
    i got told by a reseller of the psjailbreak that it didn't work?

did anyone try to downgrade a retail console?

@dondolo

lol never know, might work ^^ put an old update file on a usb and go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    From what I understand, it only blocks updates if you're using the dongle. If you boot the system without it you can still update.
    Quote Originally Posted by dondolo View Post
    did anyone try to downgrade a retail console?
    You can't downgrade. There might be some unsigned code released that will work with the JB, but if you already can't use it you'll be out of luck.

the fact that they have to warn us is sad... I mean it won't work on a lot of newer games =P and over timee it will be trivial.

Hello, sorry for my ignorance on the subject. But if I install the debug firmware on retail. I can start manager.pkg? It work?

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News