Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    its not like nobody expected this the only real sting as that these "Hackers", if you can call them that, want to charge for something that is probably going to be fazed out in the next firmware update (personally if i were sony i would just go to a Ethernet connection to the computer then a special program that pulses the ps3 to do the same thing as the jig)...

now if they had released this thing for free and sold blank jigs while freely distributing the program used to create them (Egohot method)...

but really the information used to create it should have been given freely over the net so that we could at least properly combat sonys attempts to block us and development would have started a lot faster instead of everyone waiting to get and try to clone these jigs to bring them to the public end user like most of the lurkers on this forum

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Bit off topic but any ideas how much these clones will be? Just curious...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mushy409 View Post
    Bit off topic but any ideas how much these clones will be? Just curious...
    well, Garson Magic said it'll be something between 20-40 dollars.

Anyway, who knows for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    (personally if i were sony i would just go to a Ethernet connection to the computer then a special program that pulses the ps3 to do the same thing as the jig).
    I also theorize a similar outcome. Ethernet JIG is the last option they have left (aside from a more invasive SATA, BD-ROM connector, or wi-fi connector JIG...there are not many input output modules on the PS3)

newbie question

hey guys, been away for a few days and just seen the great news... yipee

but reading the posts i'm not too sure about it. it says it works with all fat and slim models yes, ut does this mean retail consoles ie the one i've bought out the shop or debug consoles everyone is talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by bazji View Post
    hey guys, been away for a few days and just seen the great news... yipee

but reading the posts i'm not too sure about it. it says it works with all fat and slim models yes, ut does this mean retail consoles ie the one i've bought out the shop or debug consoles everyone is talking about?
    yeah, retail ones too.

Yep, it means retail. I think if you've done some reading you could have figured that out yourself. Or maybe it just sounded too good to be true for ya

hackers have to sink it in that times and software have changed... you're messing with SONY and MICROSOFT by the way!

It works on retail units and actually not debug units unless you get the manager.pkg patched. There is a patched version available but if you have a retail unit you have no use for it.

There are plenty of videos and reputable sources confirming that its actually legit this time.

I am on firmware 3.41 and I don't plan on updating..I am fine with using this even though I wont be able to go online anymore. I never used the PSN Network anyway so for me its no big loss at all. For those who actually use the PSN Network then yes its a pain in the but and some might not want to use it, but for me its no issue.

The only thing is about updating games, that these games wont work if they are updated, so what do we do, not update them..if that is the case that is fine as long as the game gives you an option of not updating it.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News