Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No matter what hackers do, sony is on top when it comes to security. When GeoHot did his this, they patched it. No hack on the ps3 is ever permanent so all of you that plan on wasting your money on the ps3jailbreak and knock-offs, better think again because that money could have bought you a couple new games or a bunch of used ones.

I wish there was a permanent hack but it probably won't be available until they release the "PS5" which the ps3 will be obsolete.

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by victor307664 View Post
    No matter what hackers do, sony is on top when it comes to security. When GeoHot did his this, they patched it. No hack on the ps3 is ever permanent so all of you that plan on wasting your money on the ps3jailbreak and knock-offs, better think again because that money could have bought you a couple new games or a bunch of used ones.

I wish there was a permanent hack but it probably won't be available until they release the "PS5" which the ps3 will be obsolete.
    LMFAO they didnt patch it they just removed linux completely!

and a permanent hack is a physical hack like a mod chip or a magic disc lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links

It is definitely not a waste of money. I for one have waited until this very moment to get a PS3. I cannot condone piracy but, imagine the thousands of dollars one could save on games that will play on firmware 3.41... Also, once devs have a way in it's over for Sony. Look at the battle of Microsoft and the hackers. They have 10 times the resources that Sony has.

Just equity alone (market cap) is 208 billion for Microsoft and 20 billion for Sony. IMO the hacking community will prevail. It is hard for a bureaucratic company to keep pace with the ingenuity of so many hackers that are all looking at the problem from a different point of view.

Angry

i just wish geohot would release his custom firmware. what a total DOUCHE for not releasing it, WHY WOULDN'T HE? he ruined linux then he just bailed.

oh god i'm still pissed - even with the psjailbreak out i'm STILL RAGED.

Quote Originally Posted by IamSovereign View Post
    imagine the thousands of dollars one could save on games that will play on firmware 3.41.
    eh, I don't think there is THAT many worthwhile games on the PS3, and some of them are heavy on the online like Little Big Planet.

this is some complete new one cene.

is the first time ps3 run backups in 4 years. Now only need know if the update firmware don't kill the psjailbreak.

that is for now the question. let's see..

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    i just wish geohot would release his custom firmware. what a total DOUCHE for not releasing it, WHY WOULDN'T HE? he ruined linux then he just bailed.

oh god i'm still pissed - even with the psjailbreak out i'm STILL RAGED.
    The decision he made to not release the Custom Firmware was an absolutely brilliant one I think. If he had release 3.21 CFW it would have been immediately patched, and it would prevent us from doing future CFW when it really matters.

I won't delve into any details, but 99% certain I know how GeoHot went about making the custom firmware, and a patch is simple and effective.

Now that we have unsigned code ability, much more superior CFW can be obtained, and that option is easily available to us because GeoHot didn't spill the beans.

3.42 CFW is almost a guaranteed release if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by feliznatal View Post
    is the first time ps3 run backups in 4 years. Now only need know if the update firmware don't kill the psjailbreak.
    What are you talking about? O_o 4 years ago? Prooflink, please!

What I love most in all this situation, is the FORTUNE TELLERS that tell me the future for free on the internet.

It's awesome. It's matter of time, in any forum, someone comes and PLU, tell what will happen 100% accurate. Marvelous...

Quote Originally Posted by puksa View Post
    What are you talking about? O_o 4 years ago? Prooflink, please!
    I think he means it's been 4 years before we've been able to run backups on the PS3. On retail units anyway.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News