Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by boomstick View Post
    Can this not be booted of a laptop running windows, surely that would be the easiest port.
    Actually it isn't the easiest option - because linux is open source so creating or porting anything to do with this hack is best done utilising a linux kernal.

A purely windows based application would need to potentially be rewritten or optimised for windows and that would take more time than tweaking the current code, which afaik is based off linux.

(Obviously someone correct me if i'm wrong, i've only glanced briefly through all this news as i've been busy with work lately!)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    Actually it isn't the easiest option - because linux is open source so creating or porting anything to do with this hack is best done utilising a linux kernal.

A purely windows based application would need to potentially be rewritten or optimised for windows and that would take more time than tweaking the current code, which afaik is based off linux.

(Obviously someone correct me if i'm wrong, i've only glanced briefly through all this news as i've been busy with work lately!)
    Ok i understand the windows thing, what about a port straight to linux and run vmware on windows machine and boot that way,im not a programer in any way and really apperciate all the hard work being done, cheers hackers.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mmanolos View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a possibilty for this to be ported to a java app to run on our cheaper cell phones? (I don't own an Iphone, N900, PSP, etc). Thank you.
    Impossible. Java makes running native code nigh on impossible let alone allowing low level hardware access needed for something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFear View Post
    Where is the iPhone Groove?? we are waiting too... iPhone users in surley more than Android Users.. Come on guys make an iPhone PsGroove!
    Nope, Android is now bigger than the iPhone and is growing much much quicker. Being a linux based OS it means all we need is for the N900 hack source code to be released and then all that needs to be done is for it to be recompiled for Android.

From Netzke's Blog:
    BETA For android release date: Within the next week if everything goes as planned
    BETA For iOS release: Within the next two weeks if everything goes as planned.
    He also mentioned that the iOS beta release might even be ready within 3 days because they're making good progress.
    The Android port also seems to be running smoothly, but they're experiencing a bug with screen flickering.

I already rooted my Wildfire and am ready to go!

Question

Any word on the diy board?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News