Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Remember how Geohot's exploit got OtherOS removed, is this exploit going to get the USB slots removed? LOL

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The PS3 scene is getting extremely interesting now. Can wait to check out their documentation, hopefully where close to creating our dongle for less than half the price which is awesome.

It will require some sort of hardware be it a home made dongle or a PSP or an android phone or a pc but you still require that device to emulate the handshake with the PS3 which is the closest to free option. It CANNOT be put on a normal usb as its not compatible.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ash x View Post
    I think the PSP will be used to emulate the jailbreak. It is poetic justice - Sony's most hacked console is being used to hack their least-hacked console! also bear in mind, Mathieulh (and presumably the rest of the team) are of the PSP scene, so it is logical to assume the PSP will be used in the hack.
    Actually quite nice for Sony as well... perhaps major boost in psp sales

@ Jes03 Don't think they can disable the USBs as a lot of their devices use the USB slots such as PS Move, PS Eye Toy, Play TV however they could implement a security system that only allows verified devices and block off black listed ids and unsupported devices.

I would like to see the PSP be used to emulate Jailbreak its lying there doing nothing after installing lots of homebrew and hacking the living daylights out of it. I could see a package coming out that you run on the PSP that sends the files over to the PS3 after pressing the power and eject button exactly like the Jailbreak itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ModderFokker View Post
    Actually quite nice for Sony as well... perhaps major boost in psp sales
    Indeed ... surely most people would rather purchase a "multipurpose" PSP rather than jailbreak stick for almost the same price

Thumbs Up

nice job! i hope a homebrew wave incoming... mkv player!!! a little history are being written in this.

with psx we burn cd's...
    with ps2 we burn dvd's...
    with ps3 we switch hdd's...

happy days to come.

I'd love to see NAS or iSCSCI support in later versions ... here we come ... QNAP with 8 TB of games ...

New Info via Twitter: Buy an AT90USBKEY or Teensy board now and we'll have good news soon...

hey, since we now know what kind of device we need now couldn't we use the original ps3 jig files that was leaked some time ago I think I still have them!

Quote Originally Posted by Compclubz View Post
    Buy an AT90USBKEY or Teensy board now and we'll have good news soon...
    Yeah saw that as well, anyone got a good/decent link so i can find the same one hes talking about

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News