Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by AMurphy View Post
    looks as if it's coming real soon, but can anyone tell me if a pc will be able to execute the exploit to the ps3?
    Don't think so, because you need a device that connects PS3's USB-A to PC's USB-A and all USB A-A cables available use mostly Prolific chips that connect two PC via a simulated RS232 or Network port. Those chips for sure won't be able to do all necessary stuff (changing vendor/device ID on the fly etc.).

Maybe a PSP (with low level access driver to usb chipset) or a homebrew capable digicam could do the job - unless you have enough memory to keep the data to be dumped to PS3.

So we'll see what info will show up.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    great work guys, hope we can come up with app to work with psp or pc.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think the PSP will be used to emulate the jailbreak. It is poetic justice - Sony's most hacked console is being used to hack their least-hacked console! also bear in mind, Mathieulh (and presumably the rest of the team) are of the PSP scene, so it is logical to assume the PSP will be used in the hack.

is there any news of an update with the ps3 move that could ruin the jailbreak?

Great work. I'm eager to see what kind of information we'll have from the documentation they will give us.

What did I tell you, hacks get hacked and the greedy developer puts a high price to take in as much as posible before it gets hacked. A hackers job is really hard, and you are lucky if you commercial hack can be the only hack available for a couple of months. Oh well thats life, lets wait for the free solution.

well I don't think it really had any security to prevent from hacking did it? So it is quite the achievement but not nearly as great as the one that created to original PSJailbreak. Keep up the good work everyone. The only bad thing is how many of us really play lots of games? If I was to get one, I would probably save about 3-4 games the most. That's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by victor307664 View Post
    well I don't think it really had any security to prevent from hacking did it? So it is quite the achievement but not nearly as great as the one that created to original PSJailbreak. Keep up the good work everyone. The only bad thing is how many of us really play lots of games? If I was to get one, I would probably save about 3-4 games the most. That's just me.
    haha, good point. I know for me, I have more fun getting homebrew running/hacking consoles than I do actually playing the games.

Quote Originally Posted by jabberosx View Post
    We are not releasing anything, we didn't just rip things off, we know how it works, the clone is just a POC, we plan on documenting.
    Not releasing anything, hum ? Oh boy.. how I didn't see that coming ?

Let's just hope Mathiuelh and his team have *actually* cloned it and that they really release any useful info in the next few days.

I just fear they'll stick onto the information and if they keep it secret for months like the geohot exploit's latter work. It'll suck if someother team / person comes up and releases all the info.

I'm personally questioning Mathieulh and his team's work though, since they released zero useful info on their latter ps3 work and even right now, its just claims.

But i'll stay neutral for now

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News