Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by rumblpak View Post
    It would be extremely difficult to change the way the game works by splitting the files. It's the reason why the wii has wbfs; It is much easier to write a simple file system and have a program that can access it.

The way the wii did it was basically a fat system without the 4gb limit. Notice how, even to this day there is no ntfs support on the wii. Its because its hard to implement. EXT2 or 3 would be easier but then you have to deal with the 12 yr old script kiddies whining that it won't work in windows. (yes I know there are programs to make them work but not for win7 AFAIK)

My opinion, make a program similar to what the wii has (if not identical considering its open source) and make a psfs partition that works. Simple, easy, and probably the fastest fix.
    Your statement about the wii has no ntfs support is incorrect. I use Mplayer CE to watch movies from a ntfs formatted usb hdd. GeeXbox also supports ntfs.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Guess I'm glad I didn't jump on the Teeny bandwagon so fast.
    Last edited by barbnjason; 08-31-2010 at 10:44 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybologna View Post
    Exactly! It sounds silly to me! Someone will come up with a way to load backups based off this but it's crazy to remove what was the main feature of the original hack to begin with.
    It's not stupid, quite the opposite - they are being smart, by releasing only the exploit documentation so that only the ones with knowledge, can make use of it. That way, they won't be flamed after sony finds a way to patch all those extra mods (backups).

There's too many out there which would buy whatever they could find that would allow them to make/run backups, just to find out that once sony patches the firmware, that they would have bricked their ps3.

Just check the number of ppl that already bought that dongle+test board... which don't even have a clue on how to program and/or code.
    Last edited by Keeper75; 08-31-2010 at 10:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper75 View Post
    It's not stupid, quite the opposite - they are being smart, by releasing only the exploit documentation so that only the ones with knowledge, can make use of it. That way, they won't be flamed after sony finds a way to patch all those extra mods (backups).

There's too many out there which would buy whatever they could find that would allow them to make/run backups, just to find out that once sony patches the firmware, that they would have bricked their ps3.

Just check the number of ppl that already bought that dongle+test board... which don't even have a clue on how to program and/or code.
    I said it was "silly" and not stupid. Two different meanings! It will come soon enough so no worries for gamers anyhow!

Removing the backup function is fine, as long as we have the ability to install or run the unsigned code, then anyone can code an app that will do so. I'm just tired of all the gloating and bragging... someone release something and prove it's not vaporware!

I like the idea of blocking PSN when using Mathieu and his teams software. Why help people cheat online, since they might be able to mod the game? Also, it might help prevent banning (assuming your PS3 doesn't tell on you when you connect without a dongle). You can easily get careless and forget that you didn't disable your connection before using the device. I wonder if they did anything to prevent you from updating the firmware (when it comes) while using it, in case a friend or relative messes with it.

As for the removal of the /dev_bdvd/ mount path patch... It's understandable. Homebrew is what's supposed to be in the spot light. Naturally, most of the people who bought the psjailbreak did it for the purpose of running back ups. The back up loader was the only bit of software released with it, since it's the main selling point.

If people get upset about being unable to run backups, they should realize that someone will almost definitely release something to remedy that. Can you picture FMCB without ESR? Without HDLoader, HD Advance, or usb extreme? What about wii homebrew without neogamma?
    Last edited by Jericho417; 09-01-2010 at 01:07 AM

Does anybody here know if there is a shop here in california on the central coast that sells AT90USBKEY or the teensy++ I would like to buy from a local shop if i could. I prefer support local shops if available. Sorry if this is off topic but I thought maybe someone in this thread might know.

Mathieu just released it as psgroove check out his tweet to get it
    Last edited by sk8r8sht; 09-01-2010 at 02:21 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

whatever! somebody will release it with backup features either way.

I would also like to know some companys that usually sell these. I would like to see if I can find a local seller near me also.

Arrow

Please resume discussion in the latest thread here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ed-112277.html

Sponsored Links
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News