Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    does anyone know when they're going to release documentation yet?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    As mentioned in the first post, it should be available as soon as next week... if all goes according to their plan at least.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by tankman201 View Post
    does anyone know when there going to release documentation yet?
    No one knows, most people even doubt that Mathieulh will even release it and just keep it a secret and keep the scene on a hype waiting forever like he did eariler, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post
    I wouldn't think it will be long before someone writes a new backup manager that allows for split files (e.g. File.001, File.002) which would be a very quick and easy solution to the 4gb limit.
    It would be extremely difficult to change the way the game works by splitting the files. It's the reason why the wii has wbfs; It is much easier to write a simple file system and have a program that can access it.

The way the wii did it was basically a fat system without the 4gb limit. Notice how, even to this day there is no ntfs support on the wii. Its because its hard to implement. EXT2 or 3 would be easier but then you have to deal with the 12 yr old script kiddies whining that it won't work in windows. (yes I know there are programs to make them work but not for win7 AFAIK)

My opinion, make a program similar to what the wii has (if not identical considering its open source) and make a psfs partition that works. Simple, easy, and probably the fastest fix.

why the heck would they remove something.. people can be such idiots... thats' just insane - you find something and edit it for sony's benefit. sooo stupid.

Red Face

Quote Originally Posted by tankman201 View Post
    does anyone know when they're going to release documentation yet?
    so it will be just a document ? not actually the exploit ?

then can we expect it as soon as saturday ? thanks a lot.. then sorry for my ques !

i'm going to order this board, i believe even if Mathieulh won't release anything a similar solution will be available in the future! but i bet he will release his documents, considering that this whole psjailbreak thing won't be a secret and other hackers will clone it and share with us the free solution.

Mathieulh won't risk losing the fame, i bet my money on this!

So they're removing the main purpose of it, pure genius. Either they're afraid of the consequences or they're just dicks... or both.

Arrow

Latest tweets:
    Right now as far as I know the (original clone) code has been ported to the Teensy ++ There is no ETA as to any other devices so far.

It's done when it's done, we don't like giving any kind of ETA because this puts too much pressure on us and we don't like that.

We wont be enabling the /dev_bdvd/ mount path patch the backup manager uses for various reasons, so no it wont work as-is

We care more about allowing people to use homebrews and eventually mess with lv2, than helping them playing backups

There is plan to bring the whole code to github for people to contribute though.
    Sorry if repost I didnt see this scanning through

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    So they're removing the main purpose of it, pure genius. Either they're afraid of the consequences or they're just dicks... or both.
    Exactly! It sounds silly to me! Someone will come up with a way to load backups based off this but it's crazy to remove what was the main feature of the original hack to begin with.

Sponsored Links

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News