Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by schmake View Post
    I'm perplexed at the amount of people who are purchasing these USB Dev boards on spec alone. I'm not saying that it is a bad thing, or that announcements earlier today will not come to fruition. However reading through the comments here most people are waiting for a spoon fed solution. I'm hoping for their sake that it comes sooner than the flood of cheap clones that will inevitably hit.
    Sure... But you're forgetting a couple things. The chances are high, that all the clones might (sooner or later) be branded "illegal" in most of the countries. The USB Dev Boards won't...

Also, the PSJ and all the clones were tailored for FW 3.41 and won't do the trick on older firmwares. And I don't think, that the PSJ Team will ever come up with versions which will work on older firmwares...

So once we understand how the exploit works, we can try to adapt it to earlier firmwares and IMHO such a board is probably the most flexible way to do it, since it's apparently not possible to do it via a USB cable connected to the PC.

Also keep in mind, that Sony -will- come up with a countermeasure which will probably render the PSJ and the clones useless. I still haven't understood, how the update of the stick is supposed to work...

Karl

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yeah i'm happy with this custom method. as i'm sure updates from the scene etc regarding firmware/undetection blah blah outweighs what you would get from the psjailbreak/cloned people.

and i'm sure making it work on 3.15 (which hasnt been confirmed NOT to work) would be a priority as not many people want to lose otheros (which it seems not many people seem to be mentioning)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    ...and i'm sure making it work on 3.15 (which hasnt been confirmed NOT to work) would be a priority as not many people want to lose otheros (which it seems not many people seem to be mentioning)
    Its coz now otheros is not necessary for a pseudo hack nobody cares about otheros anymore^^
    Last edited by Hemp; 08-31-2010 at 09:07 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl69 View Post
    Sure... But you're forgetting a couple things. The chances are high, that all the clones might (sooner or later) be branded "illegal" in most of the countries. The USB Dev Boards won't...

Also, the PSJ and all the clones were tailored for FW 3.41 and won't do the trick on older firmwares. And I don't think, that the PSJ Team will ever come up with versions which will work on older firmwares...

So once we understand how the exploit works, we can try to adapt it to earlier firmwares and IMHO such a board is probably the most flexible way to do it, since it's apparently not possible to do it via a USB cable connected to the PC.

Also keep in mind, that Sony -will- come up with a countermeasure which will probably render the PSJ and the clones useless. I still haven't understood, how the update of the stick is supposed to work...

Karl
    Maybe different Sony device ID's Per firmware, or different Handshakes located elsewhere, essentially leaving you with a Dev Board and some shellcode (if you don't understand how to do ASM your probably screwed.), that doesn't work, you would need to use a different ASM payload, and if per-say you needed the previous Jig ID how likely are you to actually get it?

i do i've been offline for freaking MONTHS plus i'm sure my ps3 is worth something now. hehe

To be honest your probably best updating from 3.15 now, unless you want to use OtherOS to actually have a functioning OS on your PS3 which you would use for something other than a hack.

Banned User
    I'm still looking for a PS3 60GB with firmware under 3.15 then I'll buy it. Not having much luck as these days they all have YLOD.

Yes, people still use and want OtherOS.

I'm also patiently waiting on my 3.15. Ordered the teensy++ already and I hope the dongle will allow lv2 patches while linux is on, maybe granting a full RSX access.

i've seen a few 3.15's at pawnbrookers etc -but i decided to buy a bunch of faulty 60gb ps3s instead.

i'm sure some of them will have 3.15

<3

surely the psjb (or whatever finally gets released!) will allow for downgrading since it turns a retail into a debug (which has the option to downgrade) making the necessity to have an exact model with 3.15 becomes redundant?

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News