Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS JailBreak PS3 Game Dumps Hit the Internet, Not All Working?

Sponsored Links
    Update: [Register or Login to view links] has confirmed reports from [Register or Login to view links] that all games do work with PS Jailbreak when using an internal PS3 hard drive, as was [Register or Login to view links].

According to users on IRC, PS JailBreak PS3 game dumps are now hitting the Internet, however, according to [Register or Login to view links] a [Register or Login to view links] reports that not all PS3 game backups are working currently.

To quote: "Its been well known that games that feature files over 4gb will not work on external hard drive (due to fat32 limitations). So it's quite possible thats why these games don't work. We'll keep you posted."

PS JailBreak PS3 Game Compatibility List:

PS3 Games Reported as Working with PS JailBreak:

- Race Driver Grid
    - Fight Night Round 3
    - Skate 2
    - FIFA 08
    - FIFA 09
    - Resistance Fall Of Man
    - Mirrors Edge
    - Motorstorm
    - MX vs ATV Reflex
    - Wall-E
    - Need For Speed ProStreet
    - inFamous

PS3 Games Reported as Not Working with PS JailBreak:

- Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare (black screen on startup)
    - FIFA 10 (hangs before startup)
    - NHL 10 (hangs before startup)
    - UFC 2010 Undisputed (hangs before startup)

Although unconfirmed (Edit: now it appears to be confirmed), according to the [Register or Login to view links] it states the 4GB size limit issue arises only if you're dumping the PlayStation 3 game to external HDD, and on internal PS3 HDD's all should work.

Finally, another two PS JailBreak videos are available below for those interested!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    and it starts, this is going to go like the PSP all devs will up and leave the PS3 if this gets out of hand.

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    I can't say I agree there, as whatever adults do (leave, stay, etc) is their own choice... not determined by what others do even though some would like to blame others for their decisions. That said, let's keep this thead on topic.

Now that these PS3 "PS JailBreak" images are hitting the net, we need to grab and examine these comparing them to retail and debug files from the same games and note any differences, etc.

At the time of this post it isn't complete yet, but I see it being upped here:

Newsgroup: a.b.cd.image.playstation

(Viking_PS3_PS-Jailbreak) [00/46] - "Viking_PS3_PS-Jailbreak.part.nzb" yEnc (1/8) collection size: 1.63 GB, parts available: 6789 / 8072

- 20 rar files
    - 1 par2 file
    - 1 par file
    - 1 sfv file
    - 1 nzb file

Finally, those who do not wish to discuss PS3 backups should not post in this thread, as that is exactly what the rest of us have been waiting the last four years to do. In my opinion homebrew is boring (same old emu's we've had for years on PC/PS2/PSP/Xbox/etc) so PS3 backups are where it's at!

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    The games that aren't working, they should be tested by backing up onto the internal HDD.

When will this be available for free? Any time in the next few months? Can an expert give a time frame?

The PS JailBreak itself isn't available for free yet, but several Devs already have orders placed for it so chances are good those orders will ship by next week and they will start receiving the product to examine shortly after that.

Until then, it's probably a good idea to compare what we can... working PS JailBreak dump files versus those from retail discs and debug consoles.

As the forums have been locked for a considerable amount of time I'm not quite sure what the status of things are, so I apologise if this has been asked and answered.

My main question is: Is it confirmed that we are able to install homebrew apps with the PS Jailbreak?

Quote Originally Posted by darksyde View Post
    My main question is: Is it confirmed that we are able to install homebrew apps with the PS Jailbreak?
    According to their site, it states "We are looking forward to seeing your inventive custom applications using our homebrew enabler," however, since few people actually have a PS JailBreak physically in front of them yet with homebrew coded to run on it I don't believe that has been confirmed thus far.

Wanna play wii games on ps3 with playstation move? Well there's an app for that. Lol can't wait to hear that later on

can everyone reproduce it's own jailbreak stick with the dump?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News