Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Game being uploaded to usenet

Sponsored Links
    Viking - Battle of Asgard. I just checked it. 2.4gb uploaded so far. file numbers 28,29,30, and 31 of 58 total being uploaded right now. Files are 99mb each. So, around 5.7gb total size.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Finally, those who do not wish to discuss PS3 backups should not post in this thread, as that is exactly what the rest of us have been waiting the last four years to do. In my opinion homebrew is boring (same old emu's we've had for years on PC/PS2/PSP/Xbox/etc) so PS3 backups are where it's at!
    Very happy the forums are back up. Now I can get my fix.

As someone else said, I'm very thankful we can actually discuss this here. I'm so sick of other web sites being so damn afraid that Sony will come after them just for using the word "crack", "hack", "homebrew", or "backups" on their forums (and the mods being total nazis about it).

Last time I checked, the internet is a place of free speech. Besides, just cause I said it online, doesn't make it true... Btw, I'm Superman. I know where Osama Bin Laden is. And I actually shot J.R. (see how old you are).

I know Boss isn't that excited about homebrew, but I am. The emulators I don't care for so much, but the one function I want on my PS3 that hasn't been implemented and should have a long time ago, is .mkv support. Almost every HD movie is in this format. It's such a pain in the ass to have to convert every movie I own to watch it on my "media center" PS3.

Aside from all that nonsense, they've stated there's no .iso support yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before this becomes possible, so I may hold off on downloading images just yet. Besides, there's always Gamefly.

Sponsored Links

PSP as jig tool

Sponsored Links
    It is theoretically should be possible to "emulate" the USB dongle hardware by connecting the PS3 to a PC using a USB cable and a custom-made device driver running on the PC. Combining this with an untethered jailbreak will be a very good solution that will be free and won't require any special hardware.

It would be nice if a PSP in service mode could somehow trigger the Ps3 jig tool mechinism. Maybe after a jailbreak jig dump has been completed those super clever psp devs could create a Psp compatable jailbreak emulation solution. I will try my Psp with a pandora installed connected to my <3.15 fatty.

Registered User psjailbreakinfo's Avatar
    Hey guys, just wanted to report in that Manzzon, the guy that said that not all games are working now are saying that all games DO work after he replaced the internal drive:

[Register or Login to view links]

Quote Originally Posted by psjailbreakinfo View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to report in that Manzzon, the guy that said that not all games are working now are saying that all games DO work after he replaced the internal drive:
    Definitely good news if that is the case, as it substantiates the claim in the first post that was previously unconfirmed. +Rep!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Although unconfirmed, according to the [Register or Login to view links] it states the 4GB size limit issue arises only if you're dumping the PlayStation 3 game to external HDD, and on internal PS3 HDD's all should work.

Registered User psjailbreakinfo's Avatar
    He updated his site again, now saying that Call Of Duty 4 Modern Warfare still doesn't work, but the rest does. You can verify it by using google translate on his site. He is an official reseller listed on psjailbreak, so there is no reason not to believe him.

And just to clarify: he was ripping to the internal drive all the time, so it doesn't have anything to do with the FAT32 issue.
    Last edited by psjailbreakinfo; 08-22-2010 at 09:57 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by booniemiller View Post
    Viking - Battle of Asgard. I just checked it. 2.4gb uploaded so far. file numbers 28,29,30, and 31 of 58 total being uploaded right now. Files are 99mb each. So, around 5.7gb total size.
    check .sfv 43 parts
    . rest will be .par files..
    still uploading 25 - 28

Can someone explain me what this means: http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=nfo

Does scene group 'HR' have all games or what does those releases mean?
    I can't find any of them on the internet.

The ones with the -HR are releases from High Road yep! They generally are not found on torrents or similar places as there isn't a use for them (yet, anyway) but they are uploaded to topsites (private FTPs) by the release group members so that they can get credits to download other files on those servers basically.

So if im right those releases will go on torrent sites, usenet when the PS3 is fully hacked and playing backup games is possible for everyone?

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News