Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Sharing Backups

Sponsored Links
    Now since we FINALLY got the ability to play backups we should now think of ways of sharing the backups. I mean some ways of compressing the game dumps because downloading these huge files would be very slow. Atleast for me. Could we use 7zip for the very purpose.?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Nishank View Post
    Now since we FINALLY got the ability to play backups we should now think of ways of sharing the backups. I mean some ways of compressing the game dumps because downloading these huge files would be very slow. Atleast for me. Could we use 7zip for the very purpose.?
    If people are going to put games onto the internet I can almost guarantee they will use WinRar.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by avojps24 View Post
    pardon my ignorance,but what is the purpose of doing that? we already know ps jailbreak's usb dongle is not an ordinary usb dongle, therefore extracting/dumping & cracking the software would be useless as it would require the "special" hardware dongle... unless we were able to emulate the hardware of the ps jailbreak on an ordinary flash drive... am i right?, or am i missing something here?

..but anyways to go about your theory ... what differences are we looking for exactly in the debug files? btw, viking is the only ps jailbreak dump I found so far on newsgroup servers, ...we need more ps jb dumps in order to establish some sort of efficiency, if we were to find any differences in the debug files.. im guessing more titles will be dumped as ppl get their hands on the dongle.
    Yea, until the hardware is in the hands of Devs who aren't actually profiting off PS JailBreak there isn't much to report yet regarding the dongle, but I'm sure that won't be long especially with clones already on their way.

Without looking at any of the files yet, it's suspected they will mimick those from a PS3 Debug versus a Retail PS3. Hopefully the one Viking release will be complete soon and some others will follow so that as you mentioned we have more than one to compare with.

i don't get it, how were they able to get there hands on the sdk leak it's so unfair. anyway i'm going with 2 weeks until a free jailbreak arrives.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Suizide1 View Post
    i don't get it, how were they able to get there hands on the sdk leak it's so unfair. anyway i'm going with 2 weeks until a free jailbreak arrives.
    Just so we don't confuse anyone here, the PS JailBreak folks got ahold of the actual Sony PS3 JIG SVC-H3A606SS hardware, not the SDK or software.

Below are some links on the JIG pics and software leak, along with the PS3 SDK if anyone is new here and missed reading about them previously.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...ls-109568.html

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...-files-leaked/

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...e-tests-begin/

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Yea, until the hardware is in the hands of Devs who aren't actually profiting off PS JailBreak there isn't much to report yet regarding the dongle, but I'm sure that won't be long especially with clones already on their way.

Without looking at any of the files yet, it's suspected they will mimick those from a PS3 Debug versus a Retail PS3. Hopefully the one Viking release will be complete soon and some others will follow so that as you mentioned we have more than one to compare with.
    wait, clones? who is cloning the ps jb hardware, and how? I guess we will have to wait for more information, and for more ps jb dumps. how long do you suspect before we see some quality info?

Ya, according to the banner on the official PS JailBreak site there are already clones being produced... as to who is making them, it calls them "Chinese knockoffs" so that is the only hint I know of at the moment.

Hey guys

So to get this straight there is no way atm to play backups downloaded from internet connect external drive and launch game ? Cuz of this Fat32 thing ?

The only way is to backup through the BackupManager to internal/external drive and then play ?

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Ya, according to the banner on the official PS JailBreak site there are already clones being produced... as to who is making them, it calls them "Chinese knockoffs" so that is the only hint I know of at the moment.
    I guess we will have to wait till devs test these "clones" for verification & functionality. I will stayed tuned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawlakosss View Post
    Hey guys

So to get this straight there is no way atm to play backups downloaded from internet connect external drive and launch game ? Cuz of this Fat32 thing ?

The only way is to backup through the BackupManager to internal/external drive and then play ?
    no, you need the usb dongle aka ps jailbreak to bypass the protection on the ps3 (putting your ps3 into debug/service mode) . As for the fat32 file system, it is limited to 4gb of game dumbing to EXTERNAL HDs , but NOT to internal hds.

As I see it, the USB dongle is used to exploit the system to run unsigned code by patching the kernel memory, then the "backup manager" can be installed and executed. This is actually a "tethered" jailbreak.

The question is, will it be possible to patch the kernel on the system's flash memory once the USB dongle is used to create an "untethered" jailbreak, and then it will not be required any more (until firmware upgrade).

It is theoretically should be possible to "emulate" the USB dongle hardware by connecting the PS3 to a PC using a USB cable and a custom-made device driver running on the PC. Combining this with an untethered jailbreak will be a very good solution that will be free and won't require any special hardware.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News