Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pcsx2006 View Post
    Well Homebrews aspect of this hack is what amuses me most.
    Reminds me of all the homebrew fun we had on the original Xbox. Good times...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by treminaor View Post
    Is there a possibility of this being blocked by Sony? Or is it at a hardware level...
    Depends how it works specifically - if, as others (and the dumped ps3 memory says) that the JIG uses certs - they could simply revoke the certs, and issue new ones (for the JIG).

The problem becomes a few fold - one, did they get a jig and dump it? If so, I'm sure they can get another.

Or , was it reversed? Or - is all of that a smokescreen? Assuming that it isn't, the certs being revoked - the easiest way to block it.

On top of that, they roll out a 3.42 , forces any online play to that version, blacklists the Backup Manager titleid (although, simple to change), and perhaps if there is a certain function it uses, that too.

I think we have yet to hear anything from Sony as they are probably doing the same thing we are - waiting for their ps jailbreak to arrive, before figuring out how it works, and none of us, except the coder, knows!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The guy in the first video says: "We tested about 50 games and almost every game works." He doesn't say which don't.

Also: "It works on every playstation with a working UMD drive."

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    On top of that, they roll out a 3.42 , forces any online play to that version, blacklists the Backup Manager titleid (although, simple to change), and perhaps if there is a certain function it uses, that too.
    This is why ANYONE who wants to run HOMEBREW or BACKUPS is adviced do NOT UPDATE your PS3's Firmware (sorry for caps, it's to enforce it ) until more is known, and has been proven safe without making your PS3 unjailbreakable.

Still, the FAT32 issue kinda bothers me. (Well, 'cause I'm a pirate )

I guess we need to slice game backups on a PC (with WinRAR, maybe), copy them to an external HDD, write an app which will put them all together on a PS3 itself and then finally play it via Backup Manager.
    Last edited by Joseph Stalin; 08-22-2010 at 04:56 AM

Lightbulb

Wouldn't it be easier to get the PS3 to read more filesystems, like ext2/3/4 and ntfs? Or even better, use the PS3s gigabit ethernet to suck in the goodies.

Quote Originally Posted by daGraveR View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to get the PS3 to read more filesystems, like ext2/3/4 and ntfs? Or even better, use the PS3s gigabit ethernet to suck in the goodies.
    Maybe it's not that easy as it seems. Anyway, I think we should wait for more homebrew apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Still, the FAT32 issue kinda bothers me. (Well, 'cause I'm a pirate )

I guess we need to slice game backups on a PC (with WinRAR, maybe), copy them to an external HDD, write an app which will put them all together on a PS3 itself and then finally play it via Backup Manager.
    It appears that the Backup Manager just extracts the files as flat files, putting them into a folder \GAMEZ\TitleID so it's only a 4GB issue if a single file is over 4GB. There is a wiki (linked already in first post) with games listed as having files over 4GB. For those files, they can be ripped to the internal drive (which I believe uses a modified EXT3 filesystem?)

The PSJB developer/hacker/whatever, has indicated that NTFS support is in the works too.

Is it possible to copy an unpacked game from ps3 to bluray disc or dvd.. and share it with the world?? should be working!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Now that these PS3 "PS JailBreak" images are hitting the net, we need to grab and examine these comparing them to retail and debug files from the same games and note any differences, etc.
    pardon my ignorance,but what is the purpose of doing that? we already know ps jailbreak's usb dongle is not an ordinary usb dongle, therefore extracting/dumping & cracking the software would be useless as it would require the "special" hardware dongle... unless we were able to emulate the hardware of the ps jailbreak on an ordinary flash drive... am i right?, or am i missing something here?

..but anyways to go about your theory ... what differences are we looking for exactly in the debug files? btw, viking is the only ps jailbreak dump I found so far on newsgroup servers, ...we need more ps jb dumps in order to establish some sort of efficiency, if we were to find any differences in the debug files.. im guessing more titles will be dumped as ppl get their hands on the dongle.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News