Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 234



  1. #11
    Forum Moderator PS3 News's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    27,475
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well right now these are just PS3 game dumps that were done with PS JailBreak, so until you actually have a PS JailBreak USB stick you can't do much except compare the files via PC.

  2. #12
    Registered User treminaor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Well right now these are just PS3 game dumps that were done with PS JailBreak, so until you actually have a PS JailBreak USB stick you can't do much except compare the files via PC.
    So, just to make sure I'm caught up with all of this...

    We have the .pkg for the backup program that rips and plays the games?
    All we have to do is figure out how the PSJailbreak is formatted/spoofed as a debug trigger?

  3. #13
    Contributor Zoddi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    57
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for that info.
    In that case every dev can really work with this.

  4. #14
    Senior Member jabberosx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    198
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    another stupid question.. but are full psn packages now installable in the correct location ? considering manager.pkg is also being installed ?

  5. #15
    Toucan Sam CJPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by treminaor View Post
    So, just to make sure I'm caught up with all of this...

    We have the .pkg for the backup program that rips and plays the games?
    All we have to do is figure out how the PSJailbreak is formatted/spoofed as a debug trigger?
    That might be quite difficult, at least to start. They are using a duplicate of the JIG to drop the box into service mode, then patching memory locations as a debug FW install would require a different approach.

    On a Service Mode system , a full debug fw install takes about 5-7 minutes, then will need to be rebooted - at which point it would fail. This, clearly does not take anywhere near that long to get setup - best guess is that it is loading a self, however they have found a code exploit that will allow them to alter system data, tricking the system into running unsigned code (the fake self inside of the manager).

    With this - we should however be able to run homebrew (which, is a plus!) - but of course good homebrew will take some time, will be fun however to get a genesis emu on the PS3 that works well!

  6. #16
    Contributor semitope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by jabberosx View Post
    another stupid question.. but are full psn packages now installable in the correct location ? considering manager.pkg is also being installed ?
    that's an interesting possibility. Would be nice to be able to install PSN games without using the official dl

  7. #17
    Registered User chomps268's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    229
    This is exciting x]

    ...that's all I can contribute to this thread at this time.

    Atleast the forum is back up now!

  8. #18
    Registered User treminaor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    they have found a code exploit that will allow them to alter system data, tricking the system into running unsigned code (the fake self inside of the manager).
    Is there a possibility of this being blocked by Sony? Or is it at a hardware level...

  9. #19
    Senior Member Pcsx2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    326
    Well Homebrews aspect of this hack is what amuses me most.

  10. #20
    Senior Member ModderFokker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    281
    Cant wait for all those roms to play with emulators ... Finally a reliable piece of hardware that can replace the first xbox.

 

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News