Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xroc88 View Post
    Can you tell me if the files are decrypted? like can you view the png files and can you view any file strucutre in a hex editor if you select one of the games files?
    Yes. Maybe EBOOT.BIN is still encrypted, but the assets are all decrypted, the PNGs, TXTs, etc.
    Example (taken from LEVEL_01.TXT):
    //Hero screams as he awakes
    // History Of Changes: *History: Odin!
    [Hero_Odin_Shout]
    {**DELETED** (12 [Hero_Odin_Shout] )}

//Freya's first appearance to hero
    // History Of Changes: *History: Arise, Warrior, and name yourself! *History: You are the brave mortal known as Skarin... You have fought valiantly for your people... for the preservation of Midgard. *History: <LOG:LOG_MEETING_FREYA_PART1_BOX1><LOG:LOG_MEETING _FREYA_PART1_BOX2><LOG:LOG_MEETING_FREYA_PART1_BOX 3><LOG:LOG_MEETING_FREYA_PART2_BOX1><LOG:LOG_MEETI NG_FREYA_PART2_BOX2>You are the brave mortal known as Skarin... You have fought valiantly for your people... for the preservation of Midgard.
    [Freya_1st_speech_1]
    {<SPEAKER:FREYA><LOG:LOG_MEETING_FREYA_PART1_BOX1> <LOG:LOG_MEETING_FREYA_PART1_BOX2><LOG:LOG_MEETING _FREYA_PART1_BOX3><LOG:LOG_MEETING_FREYA_PART2_BOX 1><LOG:LOG_MEETING_FREYA_PART2_BOX2>You are the brave mortal known as Skarin... You have fought valiantly for your people... for the preservation of Midgard.}
    Last edited by daGraveR; 08-23-2010 at 02:39 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by daGraveR View Post
    Yes. Maybe EBOOT.BIN is still encrypted, but the assets are all decrypted, the PNGs, TXTs, etc.
    Example (taken from LEVEL_01.TXT):
    Yeah - the disk layer of encryption has been stripped (the PS3 does it natively) however the actual SELF layer of encryption is still on the EBOOT.BIN.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Can you possibly upload like a file that could contain any audio data? i would like to take a peek myself. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xroc88 View Post
    Can you tell me if the files are decrypted? like can you view the png files and can you view any file strucutre in a hex editor if you select one of the games files?
    It is possible to view PNG files?
    Last edited by Mbb; 08-23-2010 at 02:42 PM

Question

anyone thought to throw one of these releases on a torrent somewhere so we don't have the hassles of newsbin or hotfile clones?

Quote Originally Posted by lundman View Post
    anyone thought to throw one of these releases on a torrent somewhere so we don't have the hassles of newsbin or hotfile clones?
    i think newsgroups are the safest way of sharing at the moment, because sony can easily jump on those torrents as well and see everyones IP that is leeching! also think that those files will be deleted very fast if they are uploaded to a one-click-hoster since sony simply needs to tell them the file is illegal.

Well said romiso and +Rep, those are my thoughts as well... so while newsgroups may be a little more inconvenient, it's definitely worth it due to the risk aspect at this time.

I'm sure if all these PS3 USB Mods catch on in a large enough scale (meaning, Sony isn't able to block them in 3.42 rendering all the devices and work-around defunct) then scene release groups will begin releasing 'PROPER' dump versions which will then trickle down to torrents for the masses.

5 new dumps available on usenet :

Grand Theft Auto IV [PSJailbreak] gta4.eur.ps3 (76 x 155mb + PAR2)
    Fuel [PSJailbreak] hr-fuele 4,09Go (20 x 200mb + PAR2)
    Dead To Rights: Retribution [PSJailbreak] (23/04/2010) hr-dtrru 7,08Go (34 x 200mb + PAR2)
    Burnout Paradise [PSJailbreak] (24/01/2008) su-burnoutps3 3,67Go (70 x 50mb + PAR2)
    Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [PSJailbreak] (09/11/2007) mrn-cod4 6,08Go (58 x 100mb + PAR2)

Looks like repost from previous dump, I honestly don't think they'll work on PSJailbreak, and I'd rather wait for a genuine dump.

Thanks for the heads-up DaweedFTW and +Rep.. I guess we will use this thread to continue keeping everyone updated on what people are putting out there in hopes to get some decent feedback in our new PS3 JailBreak Compatibility thread.

re

ok i've got the whole of viking game dump, is it just a matter of puting it on a external hd and plug it into usb or do you have to burn to blu ray when i get my ps jail usb?

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News