Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    nuff said, keep it up.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    just a thought, but if this is emulating as 6 devices wouldn't it be trying cause a buffer overflow as ps3 can only have 7 usb devices running at a given time?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by kvaj View Post
    just a thought, but if this is emulating as 6 devices wouldn't it be trying cause a buffer overflow as ps3 can only have 7 usb devices running at a given time?
    I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think the Jailbreak is actually pretending to be a 6 port USB HUB (thats like a powerboard/multiadapter, except for USB), and PS3 actually supports these. Then with this virtual Hub, it pretends to plug stuff in and out in such a way that the PS3 probably has some sortof stuff up, and then the buffer overflow occurs. (Sorry if I sound condecending, but the post is for everyone )

With this can a free version or at least a cheaper one can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by kvaj View Post
    7 is the magic BLUETOOTH number. Sorry.

I found this software: webscripts.softpedia.com/script/Scientific-Engineering-Ruby/ATMEL-AVR-Simulator-32950.html

It is apparently a microcontroller emulator that fully supports emulaotr of the avr controller including the whole atmega series of chips I believe, not sure if it will be of any use to anyone.

Its written for linux, you will have to makefile and compile it, but as it emulates the avp microcontroller and the atmega chips that the psjb is built on then the source may be usefull to port to an idevice as its linux source...
    Last edited by PS3 News; 08-29-2010 at 12:45 PM Reason: Fixed AutoMerge

Quote Originally Posted by kakarotoks View Post
    @Maniac2k:
    However, This dump isn't very helpful, it only seems to show raw sent data. Since USB is host-driven, then we would still need to know what request makes that device send that information..
    You're right... And some of my assumptions are probably also wrong...

Without a really complete log including answers -and- requests it's going to be difficult. I wish I had a PSJ stick, then I would do it myself...

Have to say I'm a bit confused about the PPC code included in this approach. My understanding is that the memory pages for the stack are marked as non-executable on PS3 (only pages in .text sections are executable), so how exactly is this code run?

Have Sony messed up and left the stack that's used during initial system boot in an executable area of memory? If so, that sounds like pretty major screwup on their part.. and unfortunately a really easy thing for them to resolve in a future firmware update (not as easy as just removing the bd_emu code from retail firmware though).

Coming along nicely, I see. But I wonder if we really need hardware to apply this hack or if it will be possible to do without.

If you can apply the hack via PSP or Android Phone, that would be awesome too (because I already have 1 of those 2)

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    7 is the magic BLUETOOTH number. Sorry.
    Sounds really lucky, though.

..btw, why can't people take a break with the buffer overflow stuff? I mean, unless the mod-folks is trying to pass this off as something else than a wrapper made with a leaked sdk - there's no reason to conclude it's using geohot's hack to cause an overflow bug. Instead of simply executing code with the proper rights.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News