Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tex Murphy View Post
    That was meant to be "Does Sony Australia really really expect a chinese company to send them their psjailbreaks that were ordered by Australians?"
    I doubt it would happen..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am really curious to know on what grounds the device is being banned. From what I know, although be it what I had heard in the past couple days/weeks, Australian law permits backup devices, and further more this DEVICE itself does not allow for backup, and additional software must be included to allow backups... SWTF is wrong about it!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    PS2 modchips were deemed legal but only because they got around region locks. The PS3 doesn't have region locked games but if this could get around region locked DLC or region locked movies then it could be legal.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is nothing illegal about PSJ so this ruling is just more proof the legal system sucks. You go to jail for 20 years for copying 1 game but 1 month for murder... WTF?

I don't see anything illegal about PSJ but the Backup Manager was created with an illegal SDK, so hosting that is not allowed in some countries.

Quote Originally Posted by zenyou View Post
    So freaking glad I don't live in Australia.. idiots run that country.
    yup. Australia gots issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Murphy View Post
    I don't see anything illegal about PSJ but the Backup Manager was created with an illegal SDK, so hosting that is not allowed in some countries.
    So ban them from creating and distributing the Backup Manager? That is software completely separate and not included with the dongle in the first place. It must be downloaded.

True but it's the only software released so far and it's clearly promoted, so it would be hard to argue that they aren't linked in anyway. Still the case is ongoing and I don't know the exact reasons the judge has given for extending the injunction.

I don't think backing up your legal games to the harddrive or running homebrew are considered as legit reasons for owning a modchip in Australia even though they are good reasons. The one legally recognized excuse is for running region protected content.
    Last edited by Tex Murphy; 09-03-2010 at 01:29 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Things are going haywire! At least we have an open source option available now. Sony can't do anything about Teensy boards and all the other programmable boards we have as options now. We can thank PSJailbreak though for getting the ball rolling.

These guys could be facing some serious problems. BTW, I've been told/reported that the PSJailbreak has Sony copyrighted code in it. Supposedly, there has been certain people shown pictures as proof.

psjailbreak is back up on OzMod, says sold out and there will be more news on the 7th.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News