Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    do i have to update my ps3 to run ps jailbreak, i have linux installed on my ps3, i turned off updates.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why is the box so big? lol.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yes you would need fw 3.41 so you would lose linux!

But i am sure right now people are working towards using it on lower firmwares so if you could sit tight for a bit it may be possible!
    Last edited by radialman; 09-06-2010 at 05:21 PM

If the PSJailbreak is run on a System with older Firmware (to keep linux) IF they make it possible, won't that stop the ability to play current games that are locked on higher firmware?

Yeah true, but afaik the devs are able to built a kernel that run's out of the GameOS with all privileges. Maybe there's a loooot to come in the future.

i have no idea actually if newer wont work or not, guess noone tried. Maybe there is no fw check or actually reading that from the orginal disc in tray when emulating boot? just sharing some thoughts no idea really, time will tell imo as its not possible yet to do lower fw hehe hanging on to the 3.15 until i get black cat or similar!
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-06-2010 at 07:28 PM Reason: added to the text

Really old firmware versions won't run the newest games since most new games will use libraries that are only available in the newer firmwares.

Newer games may simply not be compatible with really old firmware.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News