Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    why does everyone want NTFS? its like the WORST filesystem....

i can tell all the non-knowledgeable people in here...they are all the people screaming for NTFS!

the best option would be to format a drive in UFS2, then make a windows/linux app that can read & write to that file system

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    at least its better than fat32..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I do agree NTFS is terrible, and not easy to add at all. In fact, they would be better off to do simple largerfile.001 and .002 for files larger than 4GB in fat32.

But really, adding network would be even better, so you can copy images to remote storage where filesystem does not matter.

[QUOTE=Progeria;299972]at least its better than fat32[../QUOTE]
    If you by "better" mean that it can store larger files than FAT32 then maybe but otherwise not really.

*no disk in drive PLEASE !!!!

got a spare ps3 lying around with a broken bluray drive..

Quote Originally Posted by ModderFokker View Post
    *no disk in drive PLEASE !!!!

got a spare ps3 lying around with a broken bluray drive..
    Yeah - that's exactly what I was hoping for - to get some cheap PS3 of ebay with broken BD drive and use it just offline for jailbraked games

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Yeah - that's exactly what I was hoping for - to get some cheap PS3 of ebay with broken BD drive and use it just offline for jailbraked games
    Exactly what I've just done. Got one for 50 cash in hand. Its in decent condition, only needs a new laser which is only 30 if need be. I thought I'm better off getting it now before the >3.42 updates come along and they become trickier to find.

Well sorry guys, but not NTFS at the moment for PSJB... or so it seems.

Some guy had a conversation with the guys of PSJB via Skype and posted this:

mogge95 - 08-30-2010 12:50 AM
    There will be no ntfs support only tweaks

paster from skype

[06:00:29] PS Jailbreak Sales: hello
    [10:10:44] K�TTB�R: Hi
    [10:11:03] K�TTB�R: what new stuff is comming in backup manager 1.1?
    [10:16:43] PS Jailbreak Sales: Tweaks
    [10:17:04] K�TTB�R: ok so no new features like ntfs support?
    [10:17:31] PS Jailbreak Sales: No ntfs
    [10:17:38] K�TTB�R: ok thanks

I don't see PS2 support coming soon as the difference between the 60GB and the rest is the emotion engine which cancels out back up manager enabling you to play PS2 games, well we can be hopeful for the future maybe a Dev out in the big world will try and make an emulator.

I'm not really bothered about NTFS support I have an 320GB internal HD , its an better option you get better gameplay with that as all games work internally. I also agree with everyone NTFS is terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by jacks561 View Post
    Exactly what I've just done. Got one for 50 cash in hand. Its in decent condition, only needs a new laser which is only 30 if need be. I thought I'm better off getting it now before the >3.42 updates come along and they become trickier to find.
    you lucky sod 50 is an bargain, thats exactly what i'm trying to do get hold of an faulty PS3 and repair it. Would be better if you didn't need to insert a disc to emulate the loading but thats possible because it was the same on PSP in the early days you load up PSP iso loader and load a game with a disc in and later on with the C/W they developed a emulator that emulates loading process so i wont be long until you won't even have to insert a disc.
    Last edited by aamir007; 08-30-2010 at 03:16 PM

samba/windows file sharing support would be awesome. Then a your NAS could serve your PS3 both movies and games.
    Is samba filesystem agnostic?

NTFS support would likely require a port of NTFS-3g, no small feat.

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News