Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS JailBreak Backup Manager v1.1 Arrives from PSJailBreak Team

Sponsored Links
    Just over a week ago testing commenced on the official PS JailBreak Backup Manager v1.1 for PS3, and today Smeemi reports that it is now available from the PSJailBreak Team.

Download: PS JailBreak Backup Manager v1.1

While the file on their official downloads page (psjailbreak.com/downloads) is still named "manager.pkg" as the old version at the moment, it does display v1.1 on the screen and offers discless booting (press SQUARE when booting a game) and reportedly features improved PS3 game compatibility.

To quote: "Time will tell very shortly what is true and what is not, here is an earlier chat with them:

[16:21:07] Smeemi: Hi there!
    [16:21:15] Smeemi: What are your promotions?
    [16:25:16] Smeemi: and is the backup manager 1.1 coming out today?
    [16:26:04] PS Jailbreak Sales: Yes
    [16:26:11] Smeemi: What time?
    [16:26:12] PS Jailbreak Sales: It will be on our site in 30
    [16:26:15] Smeemi: 30 minutes?
    [16:26:57] PS Jailbreak Sales: Yes
    [16:26:59] Smeemi: Thanks
    [16:27:09] PS Jailbreak Sales: Your welcome
    [16:27:52] Smeemi: Any good features ?
    [16:28:55] PS Jailbreak Sales: Compatibility with more game and ability to play with no game in disc drive
    [16:29:09] PS Jailbreak Sales: We have been working more on updates fo 3.42 and 3.5
    [16:29:15] Smeemi: Ok, great!
    [16:29:16] PS Jailbreak Sales: That is more important for our dealers and users
    [16:29:36] Smeemi: Compatibility wise.. do games like Modern Warfare 1/2 work now
    [16:29:36] Smeemi: ?
    [16:31:35] PS Jailbreak Sales: Yes
    [16:31:53] Smeemi: Thanks"

PS JailBreak Backup Manager v1.1 Arrives from PSJailBreak Team

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I approved this despite thinking it's asinine, since the file is not labeled on their own site properly with many speculating it's moreso 1.01 vs 1.1 but oh well.. +Rep for the news FireSokar. I think we all know open-source BM's are far superior anyway.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm wondering if the PSJailbreak team do end up supporting 3.42-3.50 how can they prevent others from using that code and giving it out for free? The PSJailbreak was already reversed once so it can be done again. Sorry $100+ is still too much for 3.42-3.50 support, I'll just be patient and wait for it to be free for all. After seeing the lame update for the PSJailbreak team's backup manager I have little faith in them being able to support 3.42-3.50

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Looks like they blew their deadline again (20th) cause I'm seriously NOT blown away by that news You would have thought they'd of learned from their last announcement...Don't set yourself deadlines cause your credibility takes a severe beating when you miss them!

Banned User
    I tried it and its not that good. I tried 3 games with the NO DISC option and none worked.

So far OpenBM 2.1A is the best as all games I've tried worked.

There are only 2 games I cant get working at all. Brutal Legend and Tomb Raider Underworld.

will definitely try out the discless support since i have a 1st gen ps3 collecting dust in the corner of my room...

discless not working, but that's what they promise?

how i wish i can get off from work now for my ps3 and test out one by one...
    Last edited by winthur; 10-20-2010 at 11:05 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Its file size is same as backup manager 2.0 so as the games compatibily, so its just a renamed version of backup manager 2.0 as v1.1.
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 10-20-2010 at 11:22 PM

This is really stupid indeed.

Quick Summary:

1. None of the major updates were released. (NTFS, PS2, PSX, OTHER FIRMWARES)
    2. Reported date that this back-up manager was created is Sep 2. ?
    3. Lots of users already reported that there is terrible play-back with-out Blu-ray
    4. Custom Pay-load is supposed to be released which you will have to pay for.
    5. Insert more problems here

Overall I think people on here will understand the contribution made by the PS3 hacking community over the last few months has completely surpassed the PSJB development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pcsx2006 View Post
    Its file size is same as backup manager 2.0 so as the games compatibily, so its just a renamed version of backup manager 2.0 as v1.1.
    The same filesize does not mean it's the same file. With that said, from the comments i've read so far, it still doesn't work with modern warefare (not sure if any other non-working games are working).

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News