Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Service mode has been available for whoever wants to install it for a long time as long as you know where to find it and how to create it... i think some people need to read up on service mode before commenting and making a big deal about some pictures...

Whether this is a path to permanently "Jailbreaking" ps3s is still doubtful, chances are we won't even see a release of this payload...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sitting here and speculating provides nothing positive.

sit back and wait. the scene is still very young, i'm sure the surface hasn't even been scratched yet!

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Ok just a little more speculation... If service mode will allow us to install the jailbreak permanently, would this mean we would once again be free to update?

As presumably all $ony did with the 3.42 update was prevent the PS3 booting from third party USB devices on start up!

doubt it as they'd block whatever functions it uses via the update.

I'm sure he means a way to jailbreak the PS3 without needing to connect the jailbreak device each time the PS3 is booted. Installing an official update is almost certain to remove the jailbreak as it will reinstall all the files again.

The only way to jailbreak and PS3, keep it jailbreaked and be able to update with jailbreak is Custom firmware, just like the PSP. What happens when you update a CFW PSP to official update? It's no longer hacked. Same thing applies to the PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    I'm sure he means a way to jailbreak the PS3 without needing to connect the jailbreak device each time the PS3 is booted. Installing an official update is almost certain to remove the jailbreak as it will reinstall all the files again.

The only way to jailbreak and PS3, keep it jailbreaked and be able to update with jailbreak is Custom firmware, just like the PSP. What happens when you update a CFW PSP to official update? It's no longer hacked. Same thing applies to the PS3.
    Good point and true! So much has happened over the past few weeks. It shouldn't be un-expecting to see this released. It will probably happen but God knows when.

I wonder if this can lead to ways of being able to update backups of games.

What i'm hopeful for is way to use different blu ray logic boards with a motherboard, a sowtware tool to do this would be very useful. I have a logic board that has either been swapped out or is bad/needs reflow...

Thumbs Up

This would be a great step for the JB scene. I hope these guys manage to make a public release!

How far did he get ? Is it possible to install Debug FW ? When he got his ps3 in service mode, couldn't he install a new core os and flashing ps3 to debug with cex/dex ?

If we get Debug FW on the Retail Console, we wouldn't need the Jailbreak anymore...?!

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News