Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi there,

i pretty much got no clue about RE on other platforms than PC, but i have got some experience with Sony DADC Securom RCE and other copy protections on PC... prolly not what you guys need tho :-D

also i'd like to know about more about the real deal infos from the PS3 like executable structure, hypervisor deeper infos... would be nice if you guys can tell some more about it here.

greetz :-)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Copy to here would be cool too

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi PS3NEWs / CJPC,

As i discussed with ps3news the other night, don't think this is something I could help you out with - but if you don't mind, i would be interested in taking a look at the 'test' file - you never know

(Contact me via my profile addy)

Cheers,
    PSPSwampy
    p.s. Shoutbox gone now?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    OK, I sent it to r3pek and PSPSwampy via your registration e-mail... as for the chatbox, we are doing load-balance testing this week so it's offline.

The chatbox is a resource hog (as we all know) and so the Mods now have a Forum they can use to communicate with... it may come back in a week or two though.

Really only about 10 non-Staff people used it, so that is another factor to consider for us... is it worth slowing down the site navigation for everyone just so a few people can shout out "hi" every day while the rest never use it.

Hey Ps3news,
    You've got mail, the test app is now fully reverse engineered into nice C code and I just sent it to you.
    Let me know what you think.

EDIT: btw, was that file reverse engineered already (or the devs had the source) and the devs want to compare my code with the one they have? Or will my RE-ing of it actually be useful (would be nice if it was useful to you) and they'll just read the code and test if the functionality is the same?

Thanks,
    KaKaRoTo
    Last edited by kakarotoks; 10-12-2009 at 08:09 PM

Thumbs Up

Got it.. and forwarded it to CJPC to check out- Thanks kakarotoks!

PS: Nah, they already did it and coded an app to expedite the process (not reversing, something else) for their more immediate work... but if yours is correct also then it will be great to know we have someone here who can assist us with RE'ing should the need arise.

Cheers PS3NEWs - i've replied to your email.

Sounds like kakarotoks's the guy for the job anyway, but hoping this might help me to help you in future

PSPSwampy.

Hey Guys,

Just want to thank those who wanted to help - got a few reversals - they are looking excellent! It's a bit late here, so will have more tomorrow - but thanks guys, and keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Hey Guys,

Just want to thank those who wanted to help - got a few reversals - they are looking excellent! It's a bit late here, so will have more tomorrow - but thanks guys, and keep up the good work!
    kakarotoks @ Glad to see you getting involved in PS3 Dev area man.

Yeah, kakarotoks its the man for this, his work is damn clean and actually pretty fast i have know him for about 3 years even tho he doesnt know me.

Keep it up guys!

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post
    Cheers PS3NEWs - i've replied to your email.
    FYI: I never got the reply... if it was important you may want to try resending it, or you can always /msg CJPC on IRC EFnet as well.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News