Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi I didn't forgot USA/English users. Ask me whatever you want to know.

I got 2 go now. Hope later i'll have something new to tell you.

I have a PDA so i can keep on eye the mails. idome tnks 4 the video
    Last edited by Giulio19992; 01-07-2009 at 11:04 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    AMAZING WORK !!!! if any one is interested , i have a debug running 2.52 debug f/w & im more than willing to dump and share files, for learning purposes.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Syr0n View Post
    you backup your system files onto a external device, edit them on the comp and restore them back on your ps3... unsigned code can be put in those backup files in a certain way...
    And this is helpful for the hack? what this is contribute for the hack?
    tnx

I just wanted to post this but when I attempt to download the beta files, BitDefender alerts me of a Trojan.Generic.1256578 in the file. Not sure if its a false alarm or not but...

The .rar contains a trojan, but there is a repackaged one available in the same thread.

Quote Originally Posted by meni12321 View Post
    And this is helpful for the hack? what this is contribute for the hack?
    tnx
    I'll explain what I have read here in the forums...

You backup your complete system to an External HDD and when you have the backup you connect it to your computer and ADD .pkg files(that you get from other systems like GAMES from the psn) to the backup you just made. After you have modified the backup you restore your system from this backup and you will get your system plus the .pkg file you just added(that could be a game or any other .pkg).

The tricky part here is that even though you are injecting .pkg files to the system, is to see if we can find a way to add a .pkg from a debug system or something that could break the ps3 hypervision. Thats to my understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by sekemc View Post
    I just wanted to post this but when I attempt to download the beta files, BitDefender alerts me of a Trojan.Generic.1256578 in the file. Not sure if its a false alarm or not but...
    here's the repack: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/post227-251140.html
    Last edited by adrianc1982; 01-07-2009 at 10:00 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I thought this package included in the re-pack has also been modified in a certain way to make it work ie. not just any package will work.... at least not without modification...

Ok let me try to clear this up with the best of my knowledge at the current time. I don't think there's anything here for the average user. Nothing has been released that allows you to do anything significant at this point in time. Infact its so insignificant that people are wondering whether its real or not. I will hold off on any personal judgement of the situation however things honestly don't look very good.
    We'll just have to see if giulio will return tmr and try to clear things up.

Now I know everyone has probably heard about this 'PS3 Backup Exploit BETA' which i can understand how it may be misleading with the word backup in there but please know that backup in this case refers to the function of the ps3 backing up your files like your saved games etc.

The beta released is supposed to demonstrate, inserting a pkg (sort of a ps3 program, or more correctly the package containing the program) from the debug console into the backup of a retail console and then restoring the backup on the retail console including the said pkg from the debug console.

I know it may sound confusing, but read it slowly, i'm sure you'll catch it. Now this is useless to everyone except devs who have to decide whether its totally useless or can be further developed.

Also the proof of concept (i.e. the beta) isn't even proven, because we can't seem to get it to work properly at this time.

Smile

Im Doing It Right Now i Hope It Works
    Im just useing the debug.pkg for a test at 11:25 pm in usa
    My ps3 Ps3 60gb retail NTSC Fw 2.53

done at : pm
    What all did go on
    /______________________________________________\
    1st . run the backup
    2nd. The restore operation could not be Completed the system will restart
    Error Code : 800283F0

3rd system Restart
    4th Hard disk,s database will be rebuilt
    5th rebuliding
    6th restart system
    7th ps3 is ok
    8th i still got all my stuff on the ps3
    Ya i did not lose anything

nice, i'm glad u did not lose your data, feel free to experiment with other pkg cod4. gl

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News